Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in Cabo

We had a great time in Cabo for Thanksgiving. Josie made it through 4 plane rides, several scary mexican taxi rides, and one water taxi ride. The ocean and birds were the only things she was a bit nervous about. every morning she would check our balcony for birds to make sure there wern't any:)...I took a lot of pics, so I will explain as I post....The first thing we did when we got to cabo was pick up our yacht!Yeah, right..I wish...what the heck do these people do?? We actually stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose'. It was really nice. Here is the pool

Josie and I posing in front of the swans at our place...the swans were not as scary as the birds

Josie going to the scary oceanJosie was entertained by the water aerobics class in the background of this picture. there were several activities...luke even participated in a ping pong tournament...he got his ass kicked by some old guy:)...

Luke and josie on the beach (the pacific side)..we did a time share tour at another resort...so they gave us a bunch of free stuff...It was well worth it to sit through the presentation!

Josie, dad and mom at the pool


Me and Josie on the beach

Heading out!!

Cervasa's at the marina

On thanksgiving the resort set up a 'thanksgiving nativity scene'...or something like that. they had a fake cow and horse and a little cabin set up. we had dinner down by the beach that night.
Here is a picture of thanksgiving dinner
Mom dad and josie in front of the 'thanksgiving' set up...


Josie liked to pick the flowers and then have everyone smell them...that is what she is doing here

Luke and I went on a snorkeling trip one day...(thanks to my parents) Josie spent the day with grandpa and grandma..here we are in front of the arch..It was a bit windy that day and a cruise ship almost washed up on shore because of the wind!! it was pretty fun to watch but Im sure the captian of that ship was crapping his pants!!...



Mom, me and josie on the beach outside our resort

Josie eating nachos like it's nobody's business...she also liked to eat the pineapple slices out of the pina colada's....mmmm yummy


Ready for the beach with her bucket


Josie learned quickly how to wash her feet off at the foot shower on the beach. Or she was practicing to be the next karate kid with this pose?


Not a great shot of josie, but it showcases her dress that we got while we were down there..
Josie loved to jump off of the side of the pool


Chillin poolside with the sippy cup...no worries

We took a water taxi from the marina to our beach one day with josie..she was not that excited about it because it was on the scary ocean..Luke and I took a water taxi without josie shortly after this one and the wind caught the roof of it and it broke off. the whole water taxi took a dive and we almost flipped!! I decided after that happened that it probably wasn't the safest mode of transportation with a little one..or for us:) here we are in the water taxi ..the one that didn't break.

Josie with my purse and her puppy....

Josie picking the flowers on our balcony...after she made sure there were no scary birds in them.


A classic josie look while she was eating breakfast
When we were getting on our plane in cabo a guy was holding up the line to get in the airplane. He was right in front of me stuffing a louis vioutton sp? garment bag into a closet. we almost said something to him, but decided to be patient and wait for him to finish..when we got off the plane there were popporatzi sp? taking pictures of him and his wife....hmmm then we saw the cover of US weekly when we got to LA...come to find out it was heidi montag and spencer pratt...they are on 'The Hills' tv show on mtv...I guess they eloped in cabo and were on our flight home...we didn't even know who they were. look for us in the background of any pictures of them at lax!! we may be in them
We had a great time and are looking forward to the next time we can go again!! Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

Umm...so I'm pretty much jealous of all that fun in the sun! Looks like a great time and what a cute sundress on Josie...adorable!! Have a great Christmas!! Miss you...

Katie and Bob said...

Glad you had a great trip! I can't believe you saw Heidi and Spencer...I think I would have gagged if I saw them!

The Matheny Family said...

oh man! What fun! So, are you sorry you missed the first snow? Did you cry from afar? HaHa! Glad you're home, give me a call!