Monday, July 12, 2010

Prego Pics and something strange....

When I was pregnant with Josie I took a picture every week in the same outfit. This time around....I haven't taken any until just recently....I think it's true you are a bit more lax with the second! So here I am....This was at 22 weeks. I think I have gained more weight in my hind quarters than the belly, but so it goes when you are growing a human:) Here I am at almost 24 weeks. Not the most attractive pic and I do have a bathing suit on, not a fluorescent green bra, and a three year old giving me hand soap in this picture. Yes it is the same skirt, my wardrobe is a bit limited. I never had to go through the summer months when I was pregnant with Josie, so I have about 4 rotating outfits for summer.
A few weeks ago luke called me and I was crying. Well, I had just tried on a bathing suit in the dressing room and felt like a total cow! As a girl, you should not try on bathing suits when pregnant...unless you are one of those skinny mini's with no cellulite and perfect self esteem. So Luke told me I looked fine and was pretty and didn't look like a cow...all the things you tell your pregnant wife to stop her from crying. So, I bit the bullet and just bought a bigger bathing suit so I could enjoy the lake this summer. I refuse to be embarrassed while pregnant and have learned to 'like' my growing self. Josie has become quite the fish in the water this year. She is a sun worshiper like her mommy, and grandma:) Here we are relaxing at the lake.

And, Finally....I have these strange things growing in my house plant!! hmmm not too sure what they are..does anyone know? Maybe it has too much testosterone! ha ha...

6 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

I'm sure you look amazing April!! Wish I was there to sunbathe with you beauty's...remember that summer at OIT when we laid out every day after school?? That was the life! I think you should be happy to enjoy the summer being preggo...at least you don't have a small toddler to run after!

Katie and Bob said...

April your adorable and so is Josie! Looks like your having a great summer:)

Jen Thorn said...

Has Luke been watering the plants? Or maybe they are just happy to see you.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm literally sitting here giggling up a storm at your little invaders! It didn't even occur to me what they resemble until I got to the end about testosterone! You silly girl. And I agree with everyone, you look AWESOME! And good for you for getting into a bathing suit! I was too self-conscious when I was preggo...or maybe it was my stretch marks that held me back. ;)

Superman's Mommy said...

Ha! Ha! You look so pretty! And we've got enough of those little guys- no not exactly like that, but Nolan and his new friend that just moved to the neighborhood just whipped 'em out and peed out the back door- I had told them to go in the doggie bathroom, I guess I had envisioned them at least facing the house or taking a couple steps out the door!

Amy said...

april you're adorable! I wore more summer clothing with this last pregnancy and had 2 stretchy skirts - one brown, one purple - that I wore 4 out of 7 days of the week. now is the only time you can get away with slacking off in the wardrobe department so take advantage girl!