Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feeling Better and More Snow!

The last few weeks we have all been sick AGAIN with a horrible head cold. We have been passing it back and forth since Christmas and I'm beginning to forget what feeling good feels like! I took 2 rounds of antibiotics and got sick again while still taking the second round!? Luke, Landon and Josie were all sick too! Luke's parents were supposed to come visit, but we didn't let them come to our contaminated house. Now we have been battling drifting snow and sub zero temps...ugg. I will narrate through the pictures of the post, because it's pretty random and not too exciting:) Here is Landon..... This is Luke when he was 3.5 months old. Which by the way (listen up carol) this is the only picture I have ever seen of my husband under the age of about 16:).....


And here is Landon at the same age:)





He is starting to be able to sit in his bumbo and hold his head up for a while...I was cleaning out his closet because half his clothes don't fit anymore!



Last week Luke was in Portland for work and it snowed about a foot here in Spokane. Then, the worst thing happened....45mph winds! In Valleyford this means that 6 inches of snow can drift up to about 4 feet! I might be exaggerating but it drifts quickly and never fails to snow are driveway and the main 'dirt' road in. So Thursday morning I got the car packed up with the kids at 6:30am and headed out in the blizzard....The Yukon earned it's keep and basically plowed it's way through the snow drifts! This picture was taken the next day, but it shows some drifting on our front porch. Notice that half the driveway is almost bare and then it drifts up against the house.


So halfway to work I thought 'im an idiot' for trying to make it. The Palouse highway 'which is a main road' had 2-3 foot drifts on it and blowing and drifting snow that made it almost impossible to see. I had to come to a stop because there was an accident...so I took a picture:) this was my commute...the picture doesn't do it justice but it was the worst I have ever seen it.
When I got to work the dr. cancelled the second half of the day so we could all get home. So I left work and made it back through the snow drifts at 1:30. My neighbor carli never made it out so when I got home we played a rousing game of speed scrabble:) My new addiction!!



Here is a picture of our road in the distance. This car tried to make it down our road but got stopped by a snow drift. The car was just left there for half the day until someone came and pulled it out! Welcome to Valleyford! FYI...my yukon made it through a snow drift way bigger than that one:)( yukon plug).



Yesterday I went to town with josie. She likes to wear luke's Oregon state hat, so I bundled her up and went to the store. At the store she was mistaken for a boy!! I was slightly offended, but then I looked at this picture I had taken and realized that, yeah, my poor girl did look like a boy:) oh well, she didn't care.


Last night rudy and carli came over for dinner with Lila. After dinner Carli made cookies with the girls....oh yeah, and we played speed scrabble:)



So I finally broke down and bought scrabble today:)....I had been borrowing the neighbors and carli borrowed it from her mother in law but had to give it back. Yes Im a dork!


I watched Lila on friday for a while so today rudy and carli offered to take josie with them to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese! This is great, I don't have to go to Chucky Cheese and josie will have a blast. I made sure to dress her like a girl this time, so there is no mistaking her for a boy:) Tomorrow Luke and I will have been married for 7 years! We are not doing anything special, just another day. Happy Anniversary to us!


Lately Landon had been laughing is ass off, but not in front of the camera....I got a small take of him laughing the other day....this isn't the best example, and as a mom it is way cuter to me Im sure than to anyone else, but here he is:)





So, once again it is snowing and we are supposed to have strong winds again tonight....Im hoping that luke's parents can make it up this weekend. I booked my ticket to Austin to visit my friend andrea in may, so Im excited to see her and have some warm weather...only a few months away!

2 comments:

Katie and Bob said...

Hey happy anniversary guys! All that growing up in Eburg helped prepare you for snow driving!

Superman's Mommy said...

Woah! Josie looks just like you when she's dressed like a girl ;) and It's really incredible seeing Luke and Landon's pics! I guess I better practice up on my speed scrabble before you come over!