Friday, May 20, 2011

My Trip to Austin

Last Friday I flew to Austin, Texas to visit my friend Andrea. I have blogged about her before, but if you don't remember, we have been friends since 7th grade. I left Luke in charge of Josie and Landon and let him 'enjoy' them for 5 whole days! Josie got to go Salmon fishing with grandpa Tom and her daddy. They caught a 20 pound salmon but I guess Josie was alseep when they caught it. Landon and Josie got to spend some quality time with grandma Carol, and Luke got to drive 6 hours both ways with two kids in the car:) Andrea is training for a Triathalon so my 'relaxing' vacation was actually quite active, but very fun!



Our first night we took andrea's Kayaks to dinner. There is a restaurant about a mile down the lake (Lake Travis) so we pulled up to the docks in our fancy kayak's. Some drinks and appetizers later we headed back, but it was dusk, so we had headlamps on to see...I took some pics but they are not the most becoming, so I decided not to post them:)....here we are on the way back to her house. It was a bit tricky trying to get back in the kayak's and not flip...I haven't laughed so hard in a long time....


We took Kayak's out on Town Lake which is downtown Austin. The weather was warm and it felt so good to not be bundled up in winter clothes!




After Kayaking, we had lunch outside and listened to live music, drank margaritas and then decided to go boot shopping:) These boots were 1200 dollars!!!


Fun with photo shop, here is andrea and her sexy boots!!



Andrea and I grew up showing horses together and she is leasing a horse called Motor. I didn't have any riding pants, so I put andreas gear on with my cute shorts. Here I am giving motor a hug:)




Being a dork with my sweet riding shorts and ghetto booty:)

One day we took the boat out and went wakeboarding. In texas you don't have to have an orange flag or a 3rd person for water sports, so the two of us pulled each other wakeboarding. One thing we are both proud of, we can back a boat trailer down a launch and we can drive a boat, good skills to have:)








We took this exact picture the last time I was there, we plan on making it a 'tradition' when Im visiting:) I wish it could be more than every 2 years!



Andrea had a coupon for a pole dancing fitness class, so we got to take a fun class in pole dancing. I have a new respect for strippers now, that is quite the skill, definatley not as easy as it looks:)...everyone in the class was new, so It wasn't too embarassing...Don't think I will be working in a strip club any time soon!!








Andrea took me to her gym and we did a Spin class. It was funny because in the front of the room they had a big screen showing a road that you were riding on. The area that was playing while we rode was Snoqualmie Pass! It was a really good workout, but not enough to combat all the food we ate while I was there:) Here is andreas back yard. we spent a few hours on this fun Island...sure wish my good buddy didn't live so far away!!


Now it is back to reality, waking up at 6:30 in the morning, hearing 'mom, mom, mom' about 8000 times during the day, laundry, dishes, work, diapers, bills, and all the daily chores of life. Until next time.....Miss you Andrea!

No comments: