Monday, January 9, 2012

Impromptu Visit to Ellensburg

Friday morning I was talking to Luke and asked if I was gone all weekend would he want to work on his jeep and try and get as much done on it as possible. Of course he said yes, so I decided to take the kids to Ellensburg for a visit with my parents. My mom and I took Josie to a movie. We went and saw 'we bought a zoo' with matt damon. Josie did pretty well and only asked to go home once during the movie. It's not exactly a cartoon movie that would have held her attention more, but we enjoyed it. We left my dad at home with landon and he was a bit relieved when we got home because he was stressed out watching Landon all by himself and was happy to report that there were no mishaps:)...not more than 5 minutes after we got home, Landon tripped and hit his head on an end table in the living room! Poor kid. the worst part for him was me putting ice on it. He is fine, but now he has a huge purple bruise on his head!

Sunday was a beautiful day and Josie was begging to ride Norman, so my parents took her out for a ride. Here she is brushing him.



Riding with grandpa leading her. She did insist that she ride him all by herself. We let her, but norman didn't take her very far on his own. He's pretty lazy.



Josie and Grandma.....



Landon Got a kick out of watching his sister ride a horse. He kept pointing and laughing.


















We headed home Sunday evening and Luke was glad to have gotten a lot done on his jeep. Last month I took the kids to get their pictures taken so I could use them for christmas presents. Here are a few of the pictures we had taken.














After my last post I had a couple people email me about blogs and 'hobby' ideas:) Thanks for all the info and advice! I now am saving for a camera and am excited to try something new. For now, I am going to do Zumba with my friend Carli. It's not really a hobby, but it is something to get me away from the house and get some exercise.

2 comments:

Jen Thorn said...

Absolutely love the third shot of Landon watching Josie through the fence. He is a little cutie!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Oh man - that bonk on Landon's head looks like it really hurt! Poor little guy! Love the pictures of him watching Josie on the horse. So precious!