Sunday, July 13, 2014

Enjoying the Summer Heat!

I forgot to mention in my last post that on the last day of our trip to Priest lake landon tripped and fell in the gravel....Head first. He cut open his head. As a mom, I wanted to take him straight to the dr. and have them put a stitch in it. But everyone who saw it said that they probably wouldn't do anything and he would be fine....They were right. It has healed nicely but this is what it looked like 2 days after he did it.
Eastern washington has been really hot lately. It has been in the 90s and low 100s for over a week now. The heat is not unusual but for this long and this early in the year is not common.  there has been a lot of fires lately. I snapped a pic of the sunset of our deck the other night. I have been guilty of not using my 'nice' camera lately...so these are all I phone photos:).....Unfortunatley our Air conditioning is broke (long story). So our nights have been pretty warm.
Friday I took the kids to a local pool. It is only a dollar to get in. We were the first ones there, but it didn't take long for it to fill up quick. Here is josie doing a handstand in the water.

Landon Loves the water....I think I will enroll him in swim lessons pretty soon:)
Then we went to DQ and had blizzards:)
After a long day of swimming and playing in the sun, we packed up and went up to my parents place at Lake Roosevelt....Walter came too:)



It was 107 today on the beach! We spent the whole day in the water!
Landon and Josie did some tubing with me, luke and my dad.





Landon refuses to pee in the water in his swim trunks...so he just pees on the side of the beach:)
Landon relaxing with Grandpa


Once again we attempted a family photo...It was a little blurry but here we are:)
There is a run down store at the lake and we call it BOB'S because the owners name is Bob. They sell soft serve ice cream. It has become a tradition on really hot days after we get off the boat to stop and get some:)
We came home to see the spokane balloon flying right by our place.