There is an instructor and she tells you what to do step by step.
It was nice to have some girl time and catch up with Carli. I see her all the time because she watches the kids, but it is usually Hi and bye, so it was fun to have a night out!
Saturday Luke had his company golf tournament in north bend at the Mt. Si Golf Course. My friend Crystal said I could play on her team. I have never played golf , so I was kind of nervous. We got there and It was thundering and lightning!
Here I am in my golf garb:)Me and Crystal.. Thanks for all the pointers crystal!! The tournament was 18 holes...we made it to about hole 15 and I lost focus( there were ripe blackberries along the course so I had to pick them and eat them) and we were kind of done playing, it was really hot and muggy...so we just hung out with luke's group until the end.
After the tournament we headed back to Ellensburg to my parents house. They had watched the kids for us. We ended up going to Village Pizza in Roslyn and had them deliver it to the Brick, which is an old bar across the street.
After dinner, we could see a red glow coming from Ellensburg, when we got to my parents house the whole hillside was on fire! There was a huge lightning storm that hit and started the fire. We sat outside and watched it for a while.I snapped this shot from my parents house. There was also a news article about it.
That same night a huge storm came through eastern washington and north idaho. Lake Roosevelt was hit pretty hard. I am so glad we were not up there this weekend....Here are a couple of tragedy's from the storm that people had posted to the news.
This is porcupine bay, one of the campgrounds on the lake.
This was another houseboat and boat that got caught up in the storm. There was a ton of damage all across the area that night. Several boats sunk and many trees were down.
Meanwhile...back in Ellensburg on saturday, my parents took the kids to a farmers market where they got their faces painted...Of course landon got a dinosaur...the mouth opened and closed when his mouth did so he thought that was pretty cool.We had planned to take family photos with my parent while we were there this weekend...so we all got dressed and ready...never an easy process...and I put the camera on the tripod...and....when I got home to edit them....I realized they were all blurry!! The camera was on the wrong setting!! Im so mad at myself...oh well..we will attempt again. If you look from far away the pics don't look too blurry, but they are...darn it!
![]() |
| The one's that were not on the tripod turned out way better.... |
We had a great weekend..It is supposed to stay hot this week so we may be headed up to Lake Roosevelt to survey the damage and make sure our travel trailer didn't get taken out by a tree! And..we will try our family Pictures once again:)...












No comments:
Post a Comment