Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas...Part 1...and some randomness....

For the past month or so I have been hearing all about this nutrition supplement/weight loss program. It is called Thrive...or Le-vel. My friend has been using and selling it so I thought I would give it a try. I got a free 3 day sample. You take 2 pills in the morning, drink a shake and then apply a patch to your arm and thats all. no need to change your diet or exercise program....well, I tried it for 3 days and couldn't tell a difference in anything. You are supposed to have a ton of energy, sleep well and feel amazing....I was 'thriving' for 3 days and didn't feel any better than normal...so I think I will just stick to thriving on my own:)
I did some last minute christmas shopping with landon...we stopped for coffee...but this is how he poses in pictures now:)
Josie's wizard of oz photo came back....
I love our little flower...
Friday Josie had a christmas party in her classroom. Landon got to go too. they had a hot chocolate bar and 3 craft station tables....once again....an attempt to get a nice photo:)
Lucky for Landon one of the kids was out sick so he was able to participate at the craft table.


Friday night we had lukes company christmas party. It was our 2nd annual dinner party. We have it at the Steam Plant Grill downtown spokane.
There were real live carolers singing around the restaurant.

some of our friends at the party...TJ, Kylie, Chris, Anndee, me and Luke...
Saturday morning we got up and went to my parents house to celebrate christmas early. Landon and Josie love to make gingerbread houses but every year it turns out to be a disaster....so, this year my dad used  a hot glue gun to glue it together first!



The kids were very excited to open presents.....


Frozen Suitcases were a hit!
Josie and my dad always eat popcorn together...so Josie got my dad a popcorn kit:)


Luke thought it would be a great purchase this year to buy the kids their own remote control helicopters....but when they came in the mail it said for ages 14 and up! So we decided to give one to my dad.....but, the damn thing wouldn't work when we tried to use the remote.....so it was a huge bust...oh well, he tried.
The kids painted some coasters and a a spoon holder for my parents...they were pretty neat.
My dad gave josie a ride in the hay barn on the hay rope...she said it was the 'funnest thing she has ever done in her whole life!'....



We made some duct tape crafts...one of josie's presents...
Landon helping my dad try to fix the helicopter remote...

My parents still have my old lincoln logs from when I was a kid...Landon loves them.


here were the coasters the kids painted..
Landon decorated the spoon holder:)
We had a great weekend with my parents. We came home on monday....Luke taught landon how to sing the batman version of jingle bells, so we heard it almost all the way home.....

I had to work for 3 hours this morning....Now I am off for 2 weeks! We leave the day after christmas to go to Schweitzer for a week so we are looking forward to some skiing and fun. I am taking josie up tomorrow just the two of us to go skiing...should be fun! Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Jen Thorn said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Reading about your dads helicopter just reminded me of searching for his airplane in that field hand in hand. Man that was a real bonding moment with your parents:) Have a blast on your trip! Merry Christmas!