Monday, April 25, 2016

Last week the weather was so nice. I took landon to the park last monday and we went on an 'adventure'.

I'm still eating 'clean'....Here is one of my favorites. I spiralize zucchini, add shrimp, pesto and sun dried tomatoes...No one else eats it. (Luke doesn't mind it) so I usually just make enough for myself.
This weekend we had no plans. No soccer either! Josie wanted to have a friend over and go see the movie ZooTopia. She invited Isabel. Friday night we had a bonfire with rudy and Carli so the kids wore their headlamps...and jammies.

We went to see ZooTopia and then the girls had each brought some money to go shopping at the mall with. Isabel used some of her money to buy some photo booth pictures.


There are some trees down behind our house way out in the field. Deer usually nest there and I'm sure other critters do to. The kids wandered down into the trees and found a really cool place to play. They found all sorts of stuff and made a bridge over all of mud.




They came back all muddy...including walter...so they all took a bath:)
Meanwhile....with no plans, I decided to look at Pinterest. I rarely go on the site and usually just use it for looking up recipes.  But....I somehow got on a page telling me all about Vinegar and baking soda and how amazing they work for removing hard water deposits. We have a water softener but well before we got it the hard water took a toll on our stuff. I did a test with just vinegar on the shower head in our shower....Before...
And After!....
Amazing! How did I not know about this miracle substance before!?! I went Hog wild and doused the whole house in vinegar. The shower


 The Ice Maker Tray on the refrigerator...
 bathroom sink faucets....
 The Keurig...I even ran vinegar through it to clean it....
 The lid to my drinking cup...It gets kind of gross:)
 My kitchen sink drain....
 and the dishwasher drain that pours into the sink!
I even ran vinegar and baking soda through the washing machine and cleaned it all out! Our whole house was smelling like vinegar and hard water deposit's were vanishing EVERYWHERE! thanks Pinterest!!.....Then...I thought....I will just sprinkle some baking soda on the tile floor of the shower and then scrub it with the vinegar....what a brilliant idea!....This is where if I could make the brakes on a car stopping noise I would. The baking soda did a horrible horrible thing! my shower floor turned all white and my clean floor when to hell in a hand basket.
I had rubbed our shower head and faucet with a rag that had baking soda and vinegar on it too!! All the oil rubbed bronze turned white! and it appears to have scratched it! I literally wanted to sit on the floor and cry! Damn Pinterest.
Sooo, I tried EVERYTHING! Cleaners, knifes, scrapers, more vinegar, wire brushes....but every time it dried...It was white. The only thing that I found that remotely worked was the scouring stick. It is like a block of pumice that I use for cleaning the rings out of the toilets. I scrubbed each and every tile..over and over and over and over .....
 I would scrub and then use a hair dryer to air dry the floor to see if it was working...
 My hands are so cut up and pumiced....I feel like they have been through a meat grinder.
After spending ALL day today working on the shower, I think I made a dent in the white baking soda film.....If anything that shower is as clean as it has ever been!  From now on when cleaning...I will stick to just Vinegar...no baking soda!

No comments: