Monday, September 19, 2016

Last week Josie received her certification for passing a level in golf.
 They have this tag that they put on their golf bag....basically says 'I'm Cool' to other golfers:)
Landon's friend Logan is in Ninja training class with him. He still loves it.
My parents came to town on friday to do laundry at our house and so that I could clean their teeth at the office. We were supposed to go to the fair on Saturday but it poured rain all day long...so instead, we went to the mall and did some school clothes shopping for the kids.Saturday night we went to a party down the road where they had made a track in the wheat fields around their house for razors:) The kids had a blast riding in everyone's razors zipping around the track at night. I didn't take any pictures because it was dark!
Sunday the weather cleared up and we headed to the fair! The fair is outrageously expensive so we let the kids pick 2 things, a game, ride, or event...and then they get one food treat:) Landon and Josie both wanted to do the bubble balls in water...because my phone was on 'live' picture setting..it made a bunch of my photo's videos? so these are pictures...not videos?! They basically stuff you into a ball and then fill it with air and off you go...


Landon's other thing he picked was mutton busting...He has been talking about it all year. He did it last year but didn't make it very far down the arena...this year he did really well...



The kids have to ride a sheep for 6 seconds...I think the kid who won only stayed on for 4...Landon held on for 3.7 seconds...
We had some friends that were randomly there and took a slo mo video of him....It is a little blurry but shows a different angle.
I wish I would have taken a video of him when he came back...He was crying and laughing all at the same time...he gave me a high five and said 'mommy, these are happy tears'...He said he had so much fun! I tried to ask him again after I took off his helmet...
I think he got 4th out of 26 kids...which is pretty good! you only get a medal if you are 1st, 2nd or 3rd though...he was still super excited that he made it that far:)
Josie decided that her second thing she wanted to do was ride a camel...for only 8 dollars you get to ride a camel twice around a ring...I need to buy a camel:)

 the camel was looking at the painting of a camel....
In other news...My old babysitter Jan Kilgore's son was in a crazy airplane accident on saturday! His name is Ryan Kilgore and he was flying a group of skydivers to an event when the plane caught on fire! He had a parachute so he jumped out of the plane, landed safely and then the plane crashed into a house in an Arizona neighborhood!! There were people in the house but it miraculously didn't hurt anyone! Ryan is in the hospital and is recovering from some burns, but what a crazy story. We even saw the story on the evening news last night.
And one last thing...Landon was playing with my phone in the car the other day and I found this video on my phone...it made me laugh:)
Today I am taking Josie to her hopefully last dental appointment for a while. They are going to do the final restorations on her teeth....hoping all goes well!


No comments: