Monday, March 13, 2017

ski season is almost over.

The end of ski season is near. I never liked winter, or the cold, but I will be kind of sad when it's all over this year. This season has been so much fun. Now that Landon can ski just about anywhere and has a 'somewhat' improved attitude it's made life a whole lot sweeter. We have made great friends, memories, and being able to just get outside and have fun when the weather is snowy has been great. Last weekend the kids had a big race. It was at our mountain, but all the other kids from the region show up to compete.I was volunteering for the race at the finish line, writing down everyone's scores, so I didn't get to take any pictures. Josie did great and finished 14th out of 28. Landon skied his heart out and didn't get last, but I accidentally erased the result page so I don't know what place he got. We were very proud of them. Josie's goal is to place in the top 10 at one of the 'big' races...she has one more chance at the finals in 2 weeks. The mountain photographer took some photos of the race. here are a few of the kids.


 I love that Landon's race bib is so big it's almost falling off:)

Saturday night we headed to a friends condo for taco's. the kids took some snap chat pics...

 Out in front of the condo.
 Meanwhile...in Arizona....My parents have been enjoying life and taking Panther and Puppy on adventures through the cacti.
Lately Landon has had his own sense of style. He likes wearing his Thing 2 hat and shorts..even in the snow. I still pack him pants and snow pants in his backpack, but he always comes home in his shorts. This was him waiting for the bus the other day.
I saw this the other day, I had to laugh because I remember when my mom let me buy this tape...I still don't know what 'licensed to ill' means. But, I remember my dad was not excited about me listening to a tape labeled 'licensed to ill'...

Last thursday the high school had donkey basketball. It is a senior all nighter fundraiser. The kids like to go and this year it didn't fall on a weekend so we were able to make it.
 Landon and Janie.

 Friday after school Josie went home with her friend Isabel for her birthday party. They went to a cake decorating place and took a class on how to decorate cakes. Isabel's mom basically planed her party around Josie's race schedule so she could go. Luke took Landon up to the mountain friday night and Josie had a sleepover so I was all by myself for a whole night.

 Notice there are butterflies on the cake:)
 Josie and I headed up to the mountain saturday night. Sunday Luke and I skied with Landon. We met up with our friends dan and lisa. Their son is Mason who is on Landon's team. Our friend Kim and her daughter Janie came along as well. The afternoon was sunny and the snow was very spring like.
 The kids took us to the Grandfather tree...It was a bit challenging to get to. You have to ski through narrow trees with a pretty steep incline. Lisa and I did pretty well getting to the tree....but on the way out we both had to take our ski's off and hike out...While the kids all ripped down it like it was nothing! They waited for us at the bottom.
 Kim ended up waiting for her husband and some friends at the top of the lift while we went to the tree. We were planning on meeting her at the chair lift at the bottom of the runs. When we got there we looked up to see that she was being attended to by ski patrol and put into a toboggan. We had her daughter Janie with us so we met kim at the ski patrol. Turns out she broke her leg, so unfortunately her season is over.

We ended up taking all 3 of kim's girls home to hang out while their mom was at the dr. The kids had fun.

 This was the kids team photo for SARS. This was josie's 3rd year in the program and Landon's 1st. They are still loving it. Next season Landon will do the 2 day program and ski saturdays and sundays just like his sister.
There is one more big race at Lookout pass in 2 weeks and one more home series race the first weekend of April.

No comments: