Sunday, September 6, 2020

 Summer has continued to be fun and exciting. We have been boating most days on the lake with friends. Our buyers realtor has once again dropped the ball...so now we are not closing until some time in mid september! Most of the stuff is moved out of our house...we will spend the next 2 days getting every last piece gone and then a cleaning lady will come and finish it up!

1

Josie and her friend Isabel.
Luke and Landon got to go golfing one day with friends.
Landon got to drive the golf cart.

Josie saved her money and wanted to have her hair cut and highlighted. While she was getting all dolled up I took Landon to the mall to do some back to school shopping. We have enrolled him in a small private school in Sandpoint. It is called the Selle valley Carden school. There are only 36 kids in the entire school and it is on a farm. It is K-6 and sort of like Montessori school. They raise pigs and chickens, go on some pretty cool field trips and for PE on Mondays they either, Swim, Horseback ride or ski! I only wish Josie could attend the school, but she is too old. 




meanwhile, I had to have a brace made for my hand. I have been waiting over a month for a referral to a dr. who will give me a nerve conduction study test to see if I have carpul tunnel. I met with a rheumatologist and he said I tested very high in the area that shows I have an auto immune disease...they just don't know which one! so, for now I just wait!

Being that our home will now be on top of a mountain...we bought a ranger with an enclosed heated cab. It is perfect for driving around the village and getting to and from places without having to take the car. I have been letting Josie drive it while we are up there.  


We only have a couch, a tv and Luke and I have our bed on the floor. The poor kids have been sleeping anywhere they can put together a bed. ....Josie slept in this Tupperware the other night:)


I was practicing my photos before I did a photo shoot for my friends daughter. 



The kids have been bringing a lot of their friends out on the boat lately...Landon invited his friend Austin one time.




Luke and Kiah having a stare down...
Josie and Gabby
Landon...
Josie, brynlee, isabel, gabby, landon
Landon driving the boat.
One day we met up with some friends and had a whole group of kids.
My parents have been working on their new property in Deer Meadows at lake roosevelt all summer. The kids and I went for a visit and helped put down the barrier that goes underneath the rock.
It was really hot so we headed out onto the lake. 







Landon had a birthday party for one of his friends in sandpoint. They went to a really cool ropes course. 


After the ropes course they finished the day on the lake. we met up with them. Joey is not a huge fan of the water....he prefers the mountain:) 

Landon's friend Chase joined us one day...

The kids started fishing off of the dock and ended up with 15 crappie.  











Luke fillet the fish and we had it for dinner that night! Josie's good friend Annie joined us one day. They have been friends since kindergarten. 




Landon finally got a haircut!
My parents wanted to take landon to lunch and to do an early b day shopping spree because they will leave for Arizona before his birthday. 


They dined at Red Robin and Landon got a baby yoda and a scooter.  

We have a lot of pavement at the condo, so landon and his friend make jumps in the driveway. 
I ended up losing the main diamond to my wedding ring! I ended up finding it a week later in the carpet upstairs!
Josie helped landon make a bunch of clothes and blankets for baby  yoda.

I found a barn in sandpoint that josie can take lessons at. It seems very cool and Josie really liked it. They had a lesson for an hour. After the lesson they were able to go ride in the field and were there for over an hour! She will ride on Thursdays at 3:30.





That evening Landon had his meet and greet for his new school. He loved it and is super excited to go.




They have a barn with a classroom up in the loft where they learn about farming and agriculture. 






This will be his classroom.
our friends daughter goes to the same school, so we went to their house for some swimming and pizza after the orientation. School starts on the 9th!! Landon is very excited.
We went mountain biking the next day and Josie had a nasty spill. She was a trooper and finished the whole downhill trail...
I have been letting her drive the ranger up to the village to get us coffee;)

our friends bought some property on younkers island. It is on the clark fork river in north idaho. They were on the show , building off the grid. We went to visit them and check out their new place. Annie and her sister showed up in a boat to take us to the island. 




Annie was a great driver...Joey was not so sure. 


Annie's boat was having problems and so her and Josie tried to f igure it out. 

me and Kim
Landon, Luke and Mary...taking Joey back to the mainland.

Josie stayed on the island with Annie. We stopped in a town called Hope on the way back to sandpoint. The pictures don't do it justice, but it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. 


Landon brought Yoda to the pizza place. 

We have been doing a lot of mountain biking. From our condo you can ride almost all the way down the mountain. You have to park a car at the bottom before you start and then all ride up at the end. it has been a lot of fun.
Last weekend we floated the pack river with our friends the palmertons. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.




JR, Halle and Landon.
We came home on monday. I took the kids out on the boat by myself. 
Wednesday we headed up to Lake Roosevelt to visit my parents. Luke and Landon went to oregon to go hunting with lukes dad, so it was just me, josie and Izzy that went to lake roosevelt. 





Josie is getting pretty good about driving the boat. Her and izzy sat up front!



meanwhile...In oregon...

Landon didn't have any camo stuff...so they improvised. 
No elk were shot, but landon had a great time. 
Dad and me on the way home from the beach. 
We came back from the lake and realized that our refrigerator died.....We contacted the lady buying our house and she said to just throw it away and she would get a new one. Today we took Rebel on the boat with us. Josie is camping with rudy and carli this weekend. She is up in the middle of nowhere riding motorcycles and playing in the rivers of north idaho. 


Josie will be starting the school year virtually through Freeman. She has a short orientation on tuesday and then we have to go to a funeral that afternoon. We should be all packed and done with living here by tuesday morning...It is very bitter sweet. I will miss this place, all the memories and work we did to build this house. I just know that bigger and better things are in our future! 

No comments: