Meanwhile at home....I woke up the other morning and Joey was sleeping next to me on his back:) He is getting bigger every day. He is still very mellow and laid back.
My hair continues to grow...I officially said goodbye to my wig. I haven't worn her in over a week. I'm getting more and more used to it. It is still not my favorite look but it feels so good to not wear a wig!
Our friends Jen and Tony from Portland were on there way to go camping in north Idaho so they spent the weekend with us. We hadn't seen them in a long time. The last time we saw them Landon wasn't even born. They have a daughter named maddie who is the same age as Josie and a son named James, the same age as Landon. I found these pictures of Josie and Maddie from 10 summers ago on our old boat.
We took them out on the boat on Saturday and made the girls reinact the photos. We didn't have the turtles anymore so we couldn't replicate that one.
we met up with some friends at Killarney Lake.
Landon and Jaxs
James, Jaxs and Landon
Landon and James.
Of course we had to share our tradition of docking the boat at Harrison and getting Ice cream.
James and Maddie had never been tubing...So Landon and Josie were excited to share the fun.
Maddie and James.
Tony and Jen
Landon was filling James in on how to tube.
Tony's truck was leaking a bunch of fluid when they got here on friday night. We spent today helping him figure out what was wrong. It ended up being a water pump replacement. Tony doesn't know how to work on cars so his wife Jen and Luke put the water pump in:)
I had to laugh because Jen was the one working under the hood of the truck while tony was googling and reading how to do it:). Luke helped too. I was just there for moral support. The truck was fixed and they headed out for their vacation this afternoon.
Last week I met with my plastic surgeon and she said everything is healing really well. I begged her to let me have my real implants placed asap, but she said I still have to wait until November. My expanders are so uncomfortable and my skin is super tight so November seems like an eternity, but I know It's so that my skin can completely heal from radiation. I am just waiting for a scheduler to call me and we will schedule the surgery. My dr. said that I should plan to take off 2 weeks from work so I am hoping to have it done the week before thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment