Sunday, January 4, 2009

Over the Hills and Through the Woods

Actually it wasn't over the hills and through the woods, it was a 4 hour (normally 2.5 or so) drive on pure ice and in a snow storm to grandmothers house we went. I feel like a broken record, but 'Luke was working again this weekend', so Josie and I decided to head to my parents house in Ellensburg. I woke up Friday morning to a snow storm and debated whether or not to go. The thought of being stuck inside all weekend all by myself with a 19 month old quickly made my decision for me and we headed out the door. Had I known the roads were so bad, I probably wouldn't have gone. It was in the single digits with snow on the ground in E burg so we played inside. My dad fixed up my old remote control truck and Josie had fun playing with it. After a while, she just laid on the floor and watched my dad drive it.I was trying to get a picture of her standing still with an outfit that someone had given her...but trying to capture a still image of a 19 month old is a little tricky...I almost had it here:)
Josie helping grandpa put wood into the fire. She looks at the fire and holds out her hand and says 'hot'...she does that to the microwave and oven too. My mom bought Horton hears a Who, so we all sat and watched it...well, Josie watched it for about 10 minutes...that's about as long as her attention span is...so my mom and I finished watching it while Josie played flight simulator with my dad. here is my mom and josie watching the movie.

I was going to stay until Monday and possibly visit some friends, but another big storm is on it's way tonight and I didn't feel like driving back in one, so I left early. Luke was able to come to Ellensburg both nights because from where he is working in moses lake it is a way shorter drive to E burg than to Spokane, so we got to see him at night:) Now we are hunkered in for another round of snow....whoopty freaken doo!!

2 comments:

Katie and Bob said...

Isn't it so nice to go home though? Glad you made it safely and had fun:)

Anonymous said...

Stupid snow! Go away already! At least you got to get out for a little bit. Your parents sounds like AWESOME grandparents!! Josie is so dang cute!