Monday, January 18, 2010

Were Crafty

This weekend my parents came over for a visit. We are working on finishing our house now that luke lives here again:) My dad and Luke spent the weekend Tiling our 5th and final bathroom. I never said I needed 5 bathrooms in this house and we will probably rarely use this one,but it feels good to have it almost complete. My mom brought her sewing machine and made curtains for my bathroom. The whole 1.5 years I have lived here I have showered in the dark during the night time so that no one could see me through the window. our nearest neighbor is about 10 acres away but I still felt weird walking by the window at night naked:) We had a fun weekend and celebrated my dad's b day early with dinner and pie!! The weather is almost spring like with warm temps and even sunshine today! Much better than the last two horrific winters! Here is josie sporting her new rain jacket and rain boots from grandma carol... These are the curtains my mom made in my bathroom, there is another window but I didn't get a shot of them. the colors don't really come out in the picture. they look better in person:)
My dad lovingly calls the bathroom they tiled the 'dungeon' because it is all dark slate tile..here is my dad in the dungeon.


next weekend we plan to grout and put the fixtures on


Last weekend luke built a bookshelf in our office. Ever since we moved in there has been a big heart painted on the wall where the book case was going to go. I had painted it thinking the book case would go in right away:)...a year and a half later...wal ah!

Here is josie with her home depot apron on 'helping' us build stuff with my extra large toothbrush from hygiene school that she found in a Tupperware:)

Thank you mom and dad for all your hard work on our house this weekend. Happy Birthday to dad on the 20th!!

1 comment:

Katie and Bob said...

I love the built-in book shelf, looks great. Nice work Luke! Holy shit 5 bathrooms? Awesome!!!!