Monday, February 8, 2010

Before and After

When we built our house we never completed the basement. Slowly but surely we have been making progress on it and this weekend really made a huge difference. we put flooring in the gym and carpet in the whole basement! Here are some before and after pics. Here is our gym before the floor....


And after.... I still have some cleaning to do, the camera really brings out all the dust in the pictures! Im hoping the new floor will inspire me to work out more often.






We spent friday night mopping and sweeping all the dust off of the basement floor, the basement seems a lot bigger when you have to mop the whole thing!






The carpet used to only go half way down the stairs, now it is fully covered:) Josie loves it! Although it is a little more challenging for her to ride her trycycle on carpet vs the cement.


New Carpet around the bar



Ta DA!!! no more dust, no more echoing, no more cement!! It's like a real house downstairs!!



the week before last I was not spared the stomach bug and was really sick. So this past week it felt good to feel better! Luke's parents are coming for a visit this coming weekend. Luke and I are hoping to sneak away to a movie or maybe grab a bite to eat without josie in tow:) This morning we found out that one of our friends passed away last night from cancer. he was in his early 40's and left behind three daughers and his wife, our friend Jane. It really puts things into perspective and makes us thankful for the little things.

4 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

Looks great!! Some day I need to get my butt there to see you! Had lunch with Jen and her mom Friday...wish you were closer to join us!! Miss ya!

{marie} said...

looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!! What a great space to have fun with. :) I've had a few of those perspective moments myself lately. Makes me thankful for what we have!

Superman's Mommy said...

Hey! Looks great! Playdate at your house- Let the kids run and tumble downstairs! Sorry to hear about Jane's husband-
I'll talk to you soon.