Monday, February 15, 2010

Hangin with Jayna

Friday we had josie's friend Jayna come over and hang out all day. she is two weeks older than josie and just lost her daddy to cancer last monday. Her mommy needed a break, so I kidnapped jayna for a day of playing at our house. It was really sad because josie kept saying 'my daddy is at work' and jayna would say 'my daddy went bye bye'....let's just say it was hard to hold back the tears! She has no idea that she will never get to see her daddy again and josie has no idea how lucky she is to have a daddy. We had dinner with Jane (jayna's mom) that evening and stayed until luke's parents flew in from portland that night. here are some pics of josie and jayna...eating and saying cheese at the same time:) They were even sharing!!
At naptime they wanted to sleep in the same bed, that didn't work. Eventually I separated them for a nice long nap apart!


Luke's parents flew up from portland friday night and so saturday we took them bowling. Josie had never been bowling and had a lot of fun!
It took quite a while for the ball to actually get from her hands to the pins, but she did pretty good. it helped having the bumpers up! It was pretty dark in the bowling alley so not many pics were taken.
Saturday night luke and I went to dinner without josie. Sunday we did some cabellas shopping and hung out all day with luke's parents. we had a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo sad! I had a hard time holding back tears just reading the post about sweet Jayna's comment about Daddy.
I really like the picture of Josie in the bowling alley with the lights out, so cute!!!