Thursday, October 21, 2010

Un Stressed Baby

Yesterday I went to work with the hopes of making it through today. When I got there I realized that I am 'done' working! I have been having horrible pressure and nerve pains shooting down my legs with aching hips and lower back. I also freaked out a bit because I hadn't felt the baby move all morning and he usually is a mover. So I muddled through 3 Patients and decided to go to the doctor. I asked the doctor if she could just take him out now, but she just laughed....I took that as a no. She said everything was fine, I am carrying him 'impressively low'...Im not to sure what is so impressive about this...it definitely does not feel good. They gave me a baby 'non stress' test...He did everything he was supposed to and I got to relax in a recliner with juice for a half hour. I snapped a pic of my monitor. The top line shows the baby's heart rate, the bottom line are my contractions. I was having them, but they are obviously not doing anything at this point. I am officially done with work until January. Im hoping this baby comes before next saturday because Im pretty uncomfortable!! Not that I won't be after the baby comes out, but at least it will be a different type of discomfort;) this morning josie came and woke me up for breakfast. When I rolled myself up and out of bed and she said 'Yeah Mommy, You did it!!'....She is getting used to me being slow and not moving very fast. This last week is going to be a long week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Hang in there!! The days will surely drag on but you can do it! When I was in my last week and super uncomfortable, hot baths, heating pads on the lower back worked wonders. Too cute that Josie is used to you being slow! Haha. good luck!!!