Monday, March 14, 2011

Ellensburg Weekend

This weekend we went to Ellensburg to visit my parents and see Mari and Harry, who had never met Landon. Before we left on friday Landon had his 4 month visit. He is 14 pounds 11 ounces. He is doing well and still sleeping like a champ. Josie Loves Norman, one of my parents horses. Whenever she calls my parents she asks how norman is and if they are taking good care of him. She was so excited to see him and she got to brush him and ride him too!
For Valentines day she got a picture of norman to put in her room. When Sampson was in the house (it was cold outside) Josie gave him the picture of norman to keep him company. She also did that when I was sick and put his picture on my night stand.

Grandpa and Josie on Norman


My old show horse that I grew up with, Scher, (we call her cheryl) is now 27 years old! I got her when I was 9 and cheryl was 3! That makes me OLD!! Anyway, she is great with anyone on her back so we saddled her up and let josie ride by herself.
I even jumped on and took good old cheryl for a ride. Never mind that I am wearing jogging pants in this picture...I was not prepared for riding:) Scher is still very hairy from the winter too! Josie had fun and it was just like 'old times' riding scher around the ring.

Mari and Harry came over for cake because it was Harry's birthday on Saturday. Landon had just had his shots on friday, so he wasn't in the most 'smiley' mood this weekend, but he let out a grin or too for mari. Here is luke and landon.
On the way home landon pooped in his diaper and started crying. He has what we call a 'girly cry' sorry landon, but it's true:) It is very high pitched and ear piercing. So josie gets upset because it 'hurts her ears'. Here is josie plugging her ears because landon was crying...she still managed to smile for the camera, so I guess her ears were not hurting that bad.

Luke's parents are coming for a visit this weekend. They haven't seen the kids since the beginning of December, so we are excited to see them.








No comments: