Monday, May 30, 2011

Josie Turns 4

I had no plans for Josie's birthday this year. We thought we would just have my parents and the neighbors over for a bbq on saturday. We wanted to get josie a power wheels car but after pricing them, I couldn't fathom paying almost 400 dollars for a toy! So, I went to toys r us and bought her a bike and helmet. A few days later, Jan was having a garage sale and someone brought a bike to sell. It was 10 bucks. about 70 bucks cheaper than the brand new one I had bought....so, I bought the 10 dollar bike and will return the 'new' one! Then, the day of her birthday, I randomly saw a pink Jeep Power wheels at a consignment store, it was the same price as the 'new' bike I was returning, so I bought the power wheels...SO, in short..we bought josie a bike and power wheels for 300 dollars LESS than if we would have bought her a new power wheels. Here she is with it.




Saturday josie got to take her friend Tyler for a ride in her Jeep. They were like an old married couple bickering about how to drive.








I made Cake pops and Cake Balls for her b day. They were quite a hit!








So word of mouth got out that we were having a BBQ and it turned out to be quite a large party. There were people there who I didn't even know! friends invited friends and they all had kids, so josie loved it! I was starting to stress out about having enough food and how many people were there but then I figured it was actually nice to have people over and Josie had a blast.



Josie with her bike and helmet. she got to ride it in the house.




Josie with her 'fake' grin.


The kid to the right of josie, I didn't know, but he seemed to be having a good time. Cooper and Tyler were hitting their fists against their heads while josie was opening presents. Total Chaos!









Our friends Debi and Cory were in town for a wedding and came to josie's b day party. They were staying at the Davenport Hotel, so we took the kids swimming sunday morning. Landon wasn't sure of the pool at first, it was kind of cold, but he got used to it and had fun. Here is me trying to get a pic of luke, landon and Josie in the hot tub.




that afternoon josie had to take Lila for a ride in her Jeep.


We also took her to Manito park so she could ride her bike. Note the monkey in the handle bars. Debi and cory bought Josie a monkey for her b day. she named it sarah!? so sarah is her new favorite animal. Her beloved 'puppy' has gone missing! she has had him for 4 years and we can't find him!! Thank goodness for Sarah:)


And a picture of Landon:)

Josie's b day turned out to be a success and it was fun for her to have a bunch of friends to play with.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like her birthday was a hit! I can't believe she's four already! Your sweet Landon is soooo dang cute. :) And I love the new look of your blog!

Jen Thorn said...

I need to make a visit soon. I miss you and those kiddos! I can't believe I haven't even met Landon yet. Maybe Rob and I can make a trip up this summer or fall. Happy Birthday Josie! I can't believe she is 4 already!

Katie and Bob said...

Happy birthday Josie and way to go mom on the presents and the cake pops!