Josie's birthday is on May 27th..When I was pregnant with her we were headed up to the Lake for memorial day weekend. I remember thinking 'I hope I don't have her this weekend because then her b day will always fall on a holiday and no one will be around to come to her birthday party's'. Sure enough the little stinker came 2 weeks early and so she was born memorial day weekend. We have always just celebrated with family and our friends. This year she wanted a 'real' birthday party so we invited her whole kindergarten class and some of her close friends. I made cake pops, cupcakes, planned games and crossed my fingers!! Only 1 mom stayed and my friend lisa stayed. So it was 20 kids against 4 adults:) Here is josie posing with her birthday treats.
This is when our big basement with no furniture comes in handy:) I put up a couple little tables and chairs and had some crafts on them.
Our snack baskets:)
The birthday girl
She was really into posing
We headed out to the backyard to play a balloon stomp game. Every kid has a balloon tied to their leg and you have to try and pop everyone Else's balloon. whoever is left with a balloon wins....Well, the grass kept popping the balloons before the game ever started...then I notice half the kids were missing.....
They had all run out into the field and were having a ball playing in the grass!
I finally got them rounded up and let the game begin!
We also did the Limbo....Here is josie
Then we had a pinata...It was almost indestructible! Luke finally took a knife and cut some of it open to make the candy fall out easier!
Landon had a great time too....Here he is with ainsley and shaelyn.
Josie and Shaelyn. Shaelyn is my old babysitter, Jan's daughter. Josie grew up with her and doesn't get to see her much, so she was in 7th heaven that she came to her party.
Landon even took a few swings at the pinata.
I took a picture of every kid with Josie and the gift they gave her. I had to laugh because Josie is so little compared to most of her classmates. Here are a couple examples....Brooke and Josie, Although brook is almost a year older than her.
Emily and Josie
Karis and Ainsley with Josie. They are my babysitter, colleen's girls.
This is Alyssa....I think she was the closest to josie's size:)
After opening presents we headed upstairs and had dessert!The party was great and josie had a fun time with all her little friends. After the party guests left Luke and I collapsed on the couch and relaxed....Today I am on clean up duty! Next weekend we are going camping. We will celebrate her birthday in the woods with friends;) The weather is not looking like it will be that great....but we are going rain or shine!




















No comments:
Post a Comment