Monday, March 19, 2018

A bird house, Big air ,a party, and a speech

There was a photographer at the super G race that Josie was it and she took this picture.


 This year for the 5th grade science fair the kids had to build birdhouses. Well, the project turned into the dads building bird houses with some help from the kids. Josie chose an owl, so the house had to be huge! The science fair is this friday so I will get to go see what all the other dad's made:) Here are some pics of it being built.


Saturday evening one of Josie's friends had a birthday party at the mountain so we went there to have cake and do some sledding. The sledding hill they have is very aggressive and you are required to have a helmet on :)



  This weekend there were no races. Saturday night Schweitzer put on a big air show. we had a couple of friends jumping in it. It was cool to watch. They lit up the jumps and had a DJ playing music.




 Sunday afternoon Landon went skiing with his friend mason. Our friend Dan took them to the grandfather tree, which is a huge tree in the woods.

Josie came home a few weeks ago and told us that she wanted to run for an ASB position at school. I was a little surprised because that was something I figured Josie would never want to do. So, she made her posters, wrote her speech and today she had to give her speech in front of the whole 3rd-7th grade classes. I was so proud of her, she did great! They vote today and she will find out this afternoon or tomorrow if she won. I think there were 8 people running against her. Here is her speech.
This week Lacrosse starts. Josie and Landon are on opposite schedules so we have Lacrosse practice every night of the week! Next weekend is the finals for ski racing at Lookout Pass. Landon is in a close second place for winning the overall award for his age division and he is very focused on winning:)....we will see how that goes:)

1 comment:

Jen Thorn said...

Josie’s speech was so impressive! I dreaded speeches when i had to do them. Super impressed that she is confident enough to choose to put herself out there!!!