Josie made the newspaper in Sandpoint. My friend sent me this picture. Josie was one of the fastest girls during her friday night race last week. The one girl that barely beat her is 16 and josie is 11, so she was pretty excited. Josie ended up beating her this past friday and was the fastest girl overall. She has really been enjoying racing this year. Not sure what clicked in her head, but all of a sudden she is racing better than she ever has and having a way better attitude about it.
I have been feeling good enough to work out. I've been trying to walk fast on the treadmill for at least 40 minutes and then do my Physical Therapy stretches. I'm starting to get used to my new haircut. It doesn't take much time to get ready when I get out of the shower, so that's a plus.
Friday afternoon we headed up to the mountain. The kids had friday night races that start at 5:30 so we take the kids out of school early every friday in January. My hearts are still on the back of their helmets:)
Landon was complaining that his tummy hurt, but he still went and raced. After he came back to the condo I tried to give him some medicine mixed in with a bite of applesauce. Well, it ended up making him gag....and then puke. Thank goodness Josie was smart enough to give him a bowl when he was complaining of having a stomach ache. He ended up just falling asleep on the couch and woke up feeling better the next day...Just in time for another race!
This weekend was the first EEYSL race. That is when all the local mountains come to the same mountain and race. It was hosted at our mountain this weekend. Luke was super dad and took the kids up and raced back and forth between the race course and the lodge to help the kids. While they were racing, I went snowshoeing for the first time with my friend Crystal. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a great time.
I felt so good, I even had a beer!
I have a couple of friends who like to hike. They always take pictures like this in front of lakes and mountains...Usually it is in the summer...and sometimes they are topless:)...I figured I would take a picture (fully clothed)...With my bald head.
I didn't leave my hat off for long...It is way colder when you don't have long locks of hair!
My head started itching and I didn't know why. Luke took a picture to show me! Where my hat has been rubbing, my hair is coming out. I feel like a mangy dog, it's so gross. Just keep thinking...its just temporary...it will grow back.
My friend Jo sent me my picture with this cool saying on it. It made the picture even better!
Luke didn't take any pictures this weekend...He was pretty busy trying to keep the kids on track during the race. He did take a couple videos and my friend Melissa took a video of Josie for me:) For some reason Josie loves racing this year. She loves her coach, the kids on her team and has been improving like crazy this year. Josie has never placed in the top 10 at a big EEYSL race. She has been wanting a phone so I told her if she places top 10 this year she could get a phone. Well, Saturday after her 1st run (they do 2 runs on 2 different courses and add the total time) She was in 8th place! I was so proud of her! Her second run she ended up finishing 14th. She was really bummed but proved to herself that she can be in the top 10.
Sunday was another race. Josie once again was aiming for top 10. She raced her heart out and ended up finishing 11th! She missed 10th by 6 onehundreds of a second! I was so proud of her. Landon was 18th I think. This year he is the youngest and smallest in his age category and the competition is fast...So it will be a humbling year for him. Here are some videos of the kids racing.
Josie's GS run on Saturday
Landon's GS run on saturday
Josie's GS run on Sunday.
My next round of Chemo is this friday. It will be round 3. I get anxiety just thinking about having to go get it but know that it is one more out of the way! Tomorrow I am going to an all day planning meeting with my work. We do it every year to set goals and review the previous year. It will be nice to see everyone. Wednesday I have a follow up appointment with my breast surgeon and more physical therapy. I have so many scars from all my surgeries she is helping to break up the scar tissue. I have scars where my drain tubes were, my biopsy scar under my arm and my mastectomy scars. Plus my scars where they put in my port, but those will be small. Just taking it day by day. I really treasure the days I feel good lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment