Last week I didn't feel very good. I was really nauseous and tired. I had felt so good on Monday and thought that I was in the clear and on my way to feeling good. But Tuesday hit and I was really nauseous and felt like crap. Wednesday through Friday were not much better. Saturday was when I really started to feel good again. Wednesday the kids had late start due to a bunch of snow that fell Tuesday night. I have been walking the kids to the end of the driveway so that Walter can get some exercise and I can get some fresh air. Oliver, Josie's cat follows us every day to the end of the driveway like a dog and hangs out with us. The snowplow had broke down that morning so it was parked at the end of the driveway...that's where Oliver hung out until the bus came.
Landon brought home a cookbook from school and wanted to make a pokemon cake. So I helped him make his cake and he decorated it.
Friday night the kids had the final Friday night race series. They always do an ice cream party and do awards on the last night. I joined the party because it wasn't too busy and I felt good enough to go. Josie ended up winning fastest girl. That means out of 4 Fridays she had the fastest overall time on her races. She was pretty excited to win a trophy. Her team also won most improved team and so she got a medal too.
Landon didn't win anything this year. He got a water bottle and some coupons in a raffle.
Saturday I was feeling good and so I went snowshoeing with some friends. The weather was great and it felt good to get outside. We hiked 3 miles.
Saturday night Josie went to her friend Kiah's condo and her sister, Kendall came to play with Landon.
Today I went snowshoeing again with my friend Lisa. It was another beautiful day and we had a great time.
We finally paid to get the picture of Josie racing. So now it doesn't have the words across the picture.
This coming weekend Josie has a Super G race. Super G is where the gates are farther apart and they go really fast. Josie loved it last year and is excited to race it on Saturday. They only let you do it when you are 10 and up due to the danger of it. So Landon doesn't get to do Super G yet. The race is at 49 degrees north, a mountain north of us by a couple of hours. I reserved a hotel in the nearest town so Luke will take the kids this weekend. Sunday is a GS race that Landon and Josie will do. I have chemo on Friday so I won't be attending the race. My friend Andrea is flying up from Texas on Thursday and will spend the weekend with me. I saw this and it is exactly what I have been thinking. Lately I have this strange feeling of anxiety mixed with claustrophobia within my own body...It's hard to describe. When I think of having to go get chemo and go into the small curtained off rooms it makes me sick to my stomach. But, I know I have to do it. Friday will be my 4th treatment and the last of the 'red devil'. They say the last 4 are not as bad as the 1st 4 so I'm really hoping that is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment