Monday, August 10, 2020

Schweitzer Life.....

 We have been busy packing and planning our move to the mountain. We have 2 outdoor cats, Oliver and Roxy. I was trying to find a 'foster' home for them because I really didn't want to move them to the condo at the mountain. I thought I would ask the lady who is buying our house if she might want to foster them here. I sent her a message and she said yes! So Oliver and Roxy can continue to live in their own familiar environment and when we come back in the spring we can just take them back...or, they might just stay here:)

Last Saturday, Landon got to go to some car races with our neighbors. 
Sunday we packed up as much as we could fit in the cars and headed for the mountain. Landon had a week long mountain bike camp so we all went up. Luke's pick up looked like the Beverly hill billies:)
Monday morning I dropped Landon off at his camp and then Josie and I ran a bunch of errands and got some stuff done. 
I introduced Josie to goodwill...she was in 7th heaven:)
After Landon's camp we went huckleberry picking with our friends, The Palmertons. They have a condo next to ours. 




We brought the dogs.
Landon and his friend JR didn't want to collect the huckleberries...they just wanted to eat them and play with them. 





The dogs enjoyed the cold water.



We got to enjoy the pool in the village a couple day in a row.  


Landon, JR and Josie.
Me and Nicole.
My view in the morning from the condo.
This is the SARS van that landon took each day for his camp.

One day Nicole and I hiked up to the top of the mountain. Josie and nicole's daughter, maxine, rode the chair lift up and painted watercolors while they waited for us. 


It started to rain and was really foggy when we reached the top. 


Josie and I painted some furniture at the condo.
Landon loved his camp.




Josie and I took the dogs for a hike while Landon rode. Luke went mountain biking with a friend. 













Scott, Nicole, Luke and I did some mountain biking one evening....I'm still learning, but felt like I had improved a little bit since the last time I rode. 


One day luke took Landon and JR and they helped build a new bike bridge on one of the mountain bike trails. 
I took Josie and her friend Erin mountain biking at a place called pine street woods. It was a lot of fun.
We had a fire one night and the kids made smores. 
a little out of order...but this was the bridge that luke and the boys helped with. 



Landon being launched in the pool by his friend JR.

We are now closing on our house on September 3rd. Our buyers realtor dropped the ball and never told his buyer that we were closing on august 20th...So now it will give us a little more time to get moved out. 

No comments: