Monday, September 14, 2020

Mountain Life....

                                                                         

We are now officially moved out and live full time up on the Mountain....Last Tuesday Josie and I went to her school to meet with her advisor and to make sure she was all ready for virtual learning. We also went to a funeral that day. One of my long time patients husband passed away in June and they were not allowed to have a funeral due to covid. They finally were able to have a memorial for him 'covid style'. You had to stay in your car until someone came and directed you where to go and then we had to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart. John was in his early 70's and I had known him and his wife Leslie for over 12 years. It's funny how patients can become such good friends. John died of complications during a lung surgery. He was such a cool guy. He will be missed!


Wednesday was the first day of school for Landon and Josie. Josie gets to sleep in until 8 and her first online class is at 9. Landon was very excited to start his new school. It takes about 20 minutes for me to drive him to school. It's kind of nice to have the time in the car on the way to school to talk to him. 


Josie was still asleep when I took Landon to school, But when I got home she was in class eating cereal and still in her PJ's. 

Halfway through the day she actually brushed her teeth and got dressed. 
I decided to go on a hike with Joey.

Landon LOVES his new school. Josie is doing well with her online work, but I feel bad that she has to stay in her room all day and learn on a computer. She is handling it pretty well and seems to be on top of all her work. She now takes horse lessons every Thursday and has been really enjoying it. They are group lessons so she has met some other horse crazy girls. Landon and I hung out with Georgia the pig while Josie was riding. 




We had been really lucky with all the fires and smoke and not had any air quality issues. Saturday that all ended and the smoke rolled in. Our condo doesn't have A/C so I made my own:)

These are a little out of order...Sunday we went to visit our friends who just built a cabin on the Pend Orielle river. It was supposed to be 90 degrees but with the smoke it ended up only reaching 60. They had two jet ski's so the kids were excited to ride them...but they ended up not working. 
We went on a boat ride with our friends...You really couldn't see anything...but it was something to do. Here is Jeff and Luke...
It was cold on the boat so we wore Snuggies to keep warm. Me, Kal and Samantha. 
Landon and Luke in the hot tub. 
Julie put on her wet suit and went skiing. 
The sun was trying to come out.
Not sure why the face squares ended up on our faces...but this is me and Julie.
The smoke was really bad.

This is their cabin they are building. They are still working on some of it, but it was cool to see it after hearing all about it for the past year!

Normally there is a view of the lake and mountains in this picture....But not this weekend. 

Saturday we decided to go mountain biking and hiking. I didn't take any pictures of mountain biking. We  hiked down to the waterfall that we had snowshoed to this winter. It was a lot different without snow. We went with our friends Scott and Nicole. Their son JR joined us too. 

We brought the dogs. Walter thinks he is a mountain dog and was jumping off rocks, slid down the waterfall and did a faceplant on the rocks....





This picture cracks me up...Scott was very worried about Walter and his antics so he was trying to rescue him from certain death...But little did Scott know that Walter hates being picked up...It was pretty funny.






This is the waterfall that Walter went sliding down.


We drove the ranger down to the trail head with the dogs. 


Landon's school only has 33 kids in the entire school. It is K-6. Landon is in a classroom with 4-6 graders. He is in 4th. His teacher asked if anyone wanted to raise a pig and then when it is grown, you have it butchered and your family gets to have the meat. Landon was very excited about this, although I don't think he fully understands the reality of having to have your pig killed. When I picked him up from school today he said 'Mom, I need pants, cowboy boots and a flannel!' So I took him to the store and got him all squared away for being a pig farmer. They will breed the pigs soon and when they have babies, Landon will get to choose the one he wants and has to come to school early every day to help feed it. 


Luke and I also both started new jobs. Luke is doing the same thing he was before, just with a different company and more opportunities to grow. He will have to commute to Spokane a couple times a week, but said he doesn't mind. I started working again too. Our friends have a new business here in Sandpoint so I will be helping with inventory and shipping. They sell and make gun suppressors for military and police officers. They are not cheap, so they take trade for the suppressors and then sell what they got in on trade. It's all gun parts and military stuff, so I'm learning a lot. I can work whenever I want and work it around my schedule which is really nice. 
I am having my Hysterectomy in Spokane on the 30th of this month. I'm not looking forward to it, but just want to get it done and hopefully not have to have anymore surgery's for a while!! So far Mountain life is pretty good! 

No comments: