Thursday, October 1, 2020

Grandparents Day, A Heart Attack, and a Hysterectomy....

 Landon has been loving his new school. He is helping out with the pigs each morning. I picked him up from school the other day and he said 'mom, I need some jeans, a flannel and a cowboy hat'  This comes from a boy who hasn't worn pants in over 2 years!

I drove by our old place to see the new driveway coming along. It was still really smoky, but the driveway looked good.
My parents came for a visit. We went Hiking both days. 

Landon had a grandparents day at his new school. He was excited to show us how he can do a backflip on the trampoline. 


Landon showed us the pigs. Fiona and Jessie. Fiona was just bred and in the spring Landon will get to raise a baby piglet. He is very excited for this. 



My parents left on Saturday. Josie and I took the dogs for a hike with our friends. Joey loves to go in the Ranger. 


We have been hiking and mountain biking quite a bit. The smoke finally cleared and you could finally see the lake!

Our friends took us out on their boat last week for Taco Tuesday. 

I have started my new job and really enjoy it. I brought Josie to work with me the other day so she could get out of the house. My friends son Campbell does his homework there too. 

Thursday morning I got a call from my mom at 4:30 am. My dad got up with the dog because the dog was whining. My dad ended up stepping in dog poop...so after cleaning it up he started to have chest pain and starting sweating profusely. My mom called 911 but it took the Ambulance 45 minutes to get there! Once they got him to the Davenport hospital (which is really small) They sent for Life Flight to take him to Sacred heart in Spokane. The problem was the Helicopter couldn't land in Spokane due to a cloud bank. So the life flight team got in an ambulance and got him to spokane. It turns out that a stint that my dad had placed in 2014 was forming a blood clot around it. The cardiologist in Spokane placed 4 new splints and said the old one was too small and that is why it formed a clot. My dad had a total blockage to his heart.  

In the meantime...I had to get a Covid test to be cleared for my Hysterectomy. I was terrified to have the 'brain swab'. They gave me a packet with the test in it and then I took it to the lab. It looked horrific!
It ended up being a 'self swab'...so I just had to swirl it around in my nose a few times and hand it to the nurse! It wasn't bad at all, and it said I didn't have Covid, so that was even better. 
Landon's school had class photos taken. His teacher took some with her phone while the photographer took the pics.  



I spent the night with my mom at the lake on Thursday night. My dad wasn't able to come home until the weekend and with Covid, I wasn't allowed to go in to see him...Although I may or may not have snuck in once.  Friday I left for Suncadia in Cle Elum. Jen and I meet once a year and Suncadia has become our spot. We had a great time catching up on life, Hiking, getting a massage and eating out! 
I was taking a picture of our coffee and masks and this dog ran into the picture and started peeing:)
The spa was all shut down due to Covid, so there was no hot tub, sauna or steam room available. We still had nice relaxing massages, It just looked different this year. 

We hiked to this old mine house..
Saw some Deer...
Luke was busy at home keeping the kids entertained. 
Landon needed a new hat to take to camp this week....His school is at camp for 3 days. He said he would only go if Josie went with him because he gets too homesick. So I dropped them off on Tuesday and crossed my fingers he would be fine. Apparently yesterday he got hit in the face with a rock and has a butterfly bandage on it. The teacher had called Luke to let us know. She said he got homesick last night, but was having fun! The kids get home this afternoon so I am excited to hear all about it. 
Tuesday we had a new fridge, micowave and oven delivered. The old ones were very old. 


My Hysterectomy was Wednesday. My dr. recommended that I 'clear my bowels' prior to surgery....So I really went for it. 
My surgery check in time was 6am. We got up at 4 and drove into Spokane. I wore my 'surgery slippers'
Due to Covid, Luke wasn't able to come back with me, but I feel like I am kind of a pro at surgeries now. And, once they gave me the 'relaxing medication' in my IV, I didn't really care about much. 


Everything went well and I was home by 2 in the afternoon. I'm not in as much pain as I was with my other surgeries. I'm hoping it stays that way. They went in Laparoscopically, so I have small incisions on either side of my stomach, one in my belly button and one in my old C section scar. I'm glad to have this surgery done with. The dr. said that everything looked good when they took it all out so that made me feel good. 
Landon's school Picks came back and I love them.  


Josie doesn't go to his school because it only goes to 6th grade. But, the photographer offered to take her picture too. 


My dad was doing great. But then was outside at the Lake and a huge Bull snake started charging at him. He started kicking gravel at it, but my mom had to jump in with a rake and try to get it away. After that happened my dad started having chest pain and sweating again. My mom called 911 again, but put my dad in the car and told the ambulance that she would just meet them on the way to the hospital, which is about 25 miles away. My mom said that she was almost to the hospital before the ambulance came into view. They did some blood work and kept him overnight. Yesterday they transferred him to Sacred Heart to have another cath lab evaluation. They just want to make sure that there is no other blockage in a smaller vein. He will have that done today at 9. It has been quite the week! Hoping things settle down a bit!


No comments: