Friday, October 23, 2020

October Happenings....

 I am now 3 weeks out from my surgery and am feeling good. I am pretty much back to normal life, I just can't lift more than 10 pounds. While I was having my surgery, the kids were at Shoshone Mountain Retreat. Landon's school went there for a 3 day camp and he said he would only go if Josie went with him. There were some random photos taken so I took them from the school's FB page. The kids had fun and it worked out perfectly to have the kids away so I could recover. 









One of my old Co workers came to visit me. It felt good to get out of the condo.
Meanwhile, back in Valleyford, Our shop is being put up!



Landon had to build a boat out of natural resources for school. 






Last week Josie's good friend Gabby came to stay with us. She goes to Freeman and is doing virtual school like Josie, So they were able to hang out together. 


There has been a mama bear and her 2 cubs living down the road from our place. The other day the mama jumped out in the road in front of my car!
Landon's teacher got married last Saturday night. It was at the barn at the school. The attire was country casual. 

The wedding party showed up on a work truck.
Landon Hugging his teacher after the wedding.

Our friends Kevin and Melissa. They are also the friends that I work for:)

The boys hung out in the loft watching the party and daring each other to ask girls to dance. 
Living on the mountain, winter comes a little earlier now. Sunday I took gabby home and brought Josie and Landon with me so we could visit some friends. 
We dropped off Gabby and went to say Hi to our old neighbor Alee.  Alee and I went to lunch and her husband took the kids to a trampoline park. A couple of hours later Josie called and said 'I think Landon broke his ankle!' Apparently a girl 'double bounced' him and he came down hard on his ankle. Kale met us at the urgent care with Landon and carried him in for me. They took X-Rays and said it didn't appear to be broken. They didn't have a walking boot small enough for him so they made a temporary gel cast for it and said to follow up in a few days with an orthopedist. 



We got home late Sunday evening, I told Landon that it was his turn to lay on the couch and be catered to now....He smiled, and said 'YUP!'

Day one on crutches were a little rough. Landon was excited to go to school and show all his friends. I dropped him off and all the kids were helping him and asking him questions. 
He had to make sure that his Halloween costume fit with his splint. 

 Wednesday Landon had a follow up appointment with the orthopedic office. They took new x rays and said that they can't rule out a fracture. He called it a Salter-Harris Fracture. It is a fracture in the growth plate. It doesn't show up well on an x ray so the dr. is treating it as if that is the diagnosis. They gave him a walking boot that fit and he will be in that for 4 weeks...At that time they will re asses and do physical therapy. Landon quickly got over the excitement of showing his friends and became depressed that he couldn't run and play with them. I cheered him up with some chicken fries from Burger King and we talked about how it wont last forever...His spirits grew a little and he was glad to have an actual walking boot. He was also glad that the boot was black and matched his Halloween outfit. 






The sunrises have been really pretty in the mornings. When I take Landon to school we get to see this view. 

The other day Luke got this picture of the baby bear cubs that live up on the mountain. They were up in the trees! 

Landon's school learns a lot about animals and they combine science with farm and Ag learning. Yesterday they butchered chickens and then learned all about the digestive system. Landon was not that impressed, and said it made his tummy hurt. Here is an email from his teacher that explains what they did.
Josie now takes horse lessons 2x a week and is loving it. 

We are expecting 9-12 inches of snow up here on the mountain today. I am meeting some friends from College, Katie and Jen, in Sandpoint to have a girls night and stay downtown this evening. 


No comments: