Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Work In Progress

This weekend we actually didn't go to the lake!! Now that summer is winding down we have started to work on the house again. Well, Luke is working on the house and I hang out with josie making sure she doesn't impale herself on some sharp object!! Luke framed in the pillars on our front porch and now we just need to put the stone on them. That will be part II of building the pillars. I took some updated pics of the house since we have done most of the exterior painting and framed the pillars.As you can see, parts of the house still need to be trimmed with paint and some parts of the house still need paint in general. we also have to stain the main beam above the back deck...all in good time:)Here is the front porch before the pillars were framed....And after...now we are going to cover it all with stoneJosie LOVES 'ranger rides'..so she kept climbing up into the ranger and making the sign for 'more' when she would get in...This picture is for grandma carol...remember buying these overalls for her in november?? they are 9 month overalls and they still fit!! Lately josie enjoys 'trick riding' on her horse...

And here is josie kissing baby cooper..when we went to the hospital last Tuesday to visit debi, cory and cooper, josie kept kissing him:)..thanks for the pic's cory!
Well, next week hopefully I will have some pictures of pillars covered in stone!!!

3 comments:

Jen Thorn said...

Love the trick riding on the horse! Can't wait for Robby and Josie to get together again! Those pillars are going to look awesome. I couldn't picture them when I was there. It will be cool to see the final product. Have a good week!

{marie} said...

Your house looks amazing April....it will be nice to be home a little more in the fall to get some projects done.

Katie and Bob said...

Yes, Bobby is a tall guy, about 6 foot 4, so I am sure his arms are longer then most! Looks like you guys are moving right along on your house! Congrats!