Monday, September 14, 2009

labor day...zoo, and aquarium

Labor day weekend we went to the lake. Kyle, a family friend came to visit for a couple days. the weather turned out better than we thought. Luke and I went home to spokane on sunday and ate at pig out in the park, an eating event here in town. josie ate some chocolate dipped cheesecake with us and later had a huge meltdown in the mall:)...a real good one where she made her whole body go limp and threw herself on the floor...good times!!
Our friend michael brought luke a fake mustache back from a trip he went on. Luke thought this shirt at wal mart was pretty classy...along with his keystone light beer.....ha ha
I cleaned luke's teeth last week and josie 'helped'....




this weekend we decided some what last minute that we would drive to seattle and go to the woodland park zoo and aquarium. we drove over saturday and met my parents there...josie was in amazement of all the animals. no nap all day!!...she actually did really well.












we went to greenlake afterwards and ate at our favorite fish and chips joint..it is called Spud's...we went for a walk by the lake. It was nice to spend some time with just the three of us:)





Sunday Luke and I took josie to the seattle aquarium:).....this was supposed to be a jellyfish, but we thought it looked more like a falopian tube:)..

Josie touching a starfish
I tried to get josie to pose with luke in this pic, but she was having too much fun rolling around in the grass...here is luke up by pike place market:)
Josie giving a kiss to daddy!!


I decided to bring josie to a class called Soccor Tots...they have a class for kids 24-36 months old. when we got there this morning the teacher asked all the kids to say their name, age and favorite color....hmmm josie talks a lot, but I don't think she would tell you her favorite color....so most of the kids were almost 4 and 5 years old...josie was so much younger than the rest. I guess the lady who set it up combined classes with different ages to make the class more full...well, it was way to old for josie...but she had fun anyway..she was not too into sitting really close to the rest of the class. she did a lot of what they told her, just on her own time:) here she is in her 'soccor stance'
The teacher said 'ok kids line up against the wall'...if you look to the right of this pic...yeah, that's my kid:)... ha ha...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times for sure!! I'm soooo bummed we missed you guys at Pig out at the Park! Truman even asked while we were there, hey, do you have April's number? We should call them and see if they are anywhere near us! Of course I didn't and was kicking myself.
Your girl is so stinkin' cute! Love the blog updates. :)

The Matheny Family said...

Omigosh I totally needed that laugh about the fallopion tube pic!! That was great and what a cute soccer player you've got there! So, I hear I'm still the talk of the town- anyone calling you to warn you about me? Heehee! I love being me!