Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Portland Visit

This past weekend we drove to Portland for a wedding. This drive normally takes about 6 hours. Well, with 2 kids and a dog it took about 8. We drove down on friday. Landon and Josie did really well. The only mishap was about 10 minutes from Luke's Parents house Landon had a major diaper blow out! It was definitely the worst diaper of his life and I had to change him on my lap in the Yukon! He rode naked the rest of the way and had a bath as soon as we got to Luke's Parents house. Here he is before we left on the trip...He is so much bigger than Josie ever was. I weighed him on our scale and he is already 10 pounds! Everyone comments on how big he is...I was always used to people saying the opposite with Josie. The wedding was at Lakeside Gardens in Portland. Luke's cousin Kristy was the Bride and I had never met most of that side of the family. It was nice to meet all the relatives that I have always heard so much about. We had a nice time and even the kids were cooperative:)...I dont' think I held Landon the entire time. He was consumed by all the cousins and auntie's wanting to hold him. Josie was very excited to blow bubbles at the 'princess' and had a lot of fun dancing. My camera has been doing weird things lately, I need to check the settings, but this pic turned out pretty cool....this is josie 'dancing'...

Luke and I.

Tom and Carol

Friday night we celebrated an early Christmas with Tom and Carol. Here is josie posing with brother...I love the look on his face. It's what I used to call a 'josie look'...Josie was never a smiley baby she was known for her glares and stares:)....Im wondering if Landon will be the same way?

We went to visit Great Grandpa Bill, Carol's dad. He is 93 (or 94, can't remember) He was proud to show off his family around his assisted living place. Here he is with Josie.

And Landon...


It was a short trip with lot's of stuff packed in. We had a great time. The kids did well on the way home too. Here is a picture of the 'changing table' or luke's lap. It was my lap at some points...like when the 'blow out' happened.

For the last few days we have had our christmas tree just sitting in the house 'naked'. So we finally decided to decorate it. Luke cut it down from our Dishman Mica Property (125 acres of trees down the road from our house, which is for sale if anyone wants to buy it) anyway it was a free tree and a bit taller than expected. Josie had fun decorating it. Yes, that is a Budweiser bottle ornament in front of josie's face:) Don't ask!
Decorating her tree with her new tinkerbell jammies on...Thanks Great Grandpa Bill:)

Oh, and the picture at the top was this years christmas card photo...the only family pic we have so it didn't leave much choice:)...Thanks to shutterfly they were free!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are adapting very well to life with two! I do remember the "Josie glares" and he looks similar! But they are both sooo cute. I hope she's being a great helper for you!