Monday, August 15, 2011

9 months and counting

Landon had his 9 month check up last week. He weighed in at 19 pounds 4 ounces. The dr. said that he is still 'fluffy' but he was healthy and doing well. Here he is at the dr. with his sister. Waiting for the doctor.


A few weeks ago my beloved babysitter Jan let me know that she is not going to be able to watch the kids anymore after August. Jan has been watching Josie for the last 3 years and has been taking care of Landon since he was 8 weeks old. She is like family to us and when she broke the news to me I pretty much lost it. (crying, not yelling). Jan has raised and is raising 9 kids of her own. She said she has been taking care of babies for 25 years and it is time for her to devote her time to just her family. I understand, but still don't like it:) I could go on about her and her family for hours about how talented, wonderful people they are and how much love they have showed us and our kids over the past few years. We have found a replacement who is very capable and is friends with Jan. She has 2 little girls that Josie is friends with and I think Landon and Josie will get along fine with her. So, we will miss Jan, but I know that life is about change and this is just one of those changes that we will adjust too. Josie will go to preschool in september 2 days a week and is very excited. Here are a couple pictures that Jan took of Landon the other day.








This weekend we were back up at Lake Roosevelt. The water was finally warm enough for landon to play in. I forgot to bring his swimming shirt so he was lathered in sunblock. I set him down and he instantly crawled into the water and if I wouldn't have grabbed him I don't think he would have stopped! My dad said he was like a sea turtle just headed out to sea:) Water was splashing in his face and he didn't care one bit. So Im pretty sure he is not scared of the water. Josie refused to pose with her brother so I just have some pics of the boy this trip.







Here is my 'sea turtle' headed out to sea...



And.....every kid eventually finds the toilet paper roll. We have lived here for 3 years and still haven't put in toilet paper holders, so it was bound to happen sooner than later. Here is landon with his first find of the toilet paper...not long after this he found the toilet bowl brush!! more baby proofing to come!



No comments: