Monday, August 29, 2011

Priest Lake, St Joe River and a haircut

This weekend we went camping up at Priest Lake in northern Idaho. Our friends Rudy and Carli and their whole family were there so Josie and Landon had plenty of friends to play with.


Me and Carli





We always give landon a cold (unopened) beer to play with in the boat and he fell asleep with it while we were hanging out.





Landon playing in the water




















We usually stay in our travel trailer but we couldn't haul the boat and travel trailer together so we stayed in a tent. It was not as luxurious as our trailer, but josie loved it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Here is Landon helping set up the tent.
























Lila with the 'wind blown' look





The weekend before we went to the St. Joe River with our friends Clay and Amber and their girls. Josie had a blast playing with all the girls and she even spent the night in their travel trailer.





This is clay and ambers family



Last week Landon had his first haircut by Jan, our babysitter. She even had a hair cutting apron for him to wear. Although he didn't want any part of it being on him.



We gave him an apple to play with while jan cut his hair





He looks like a new little boy with his hair cut! Thanks Jan!!









In the next couple of weeks Josie and Landon will start going to a different babysitter and Josie will start pre school on the 7th. I hope it all goes smoothly. I think I am more nervous for the change than the kids are, but I am a mom so I tend to worry more than I used to.



The last couple of weekends have been busy, challenging, and eventful. Those of you who know me well know exactly what I am talking about. Someone once told me that people only take pictures of the happy times, and I think that is true. No family or person is perfect but that is what makes life interesting right? I love my family and friends and know I am lucky for all that I have.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another fun Buoy adventure! Landon is such a darling big boy now, especially with his new haircut. :) I hope everything is going okay. And yes, we mom's worry way more than we need to. Take care of yourself!