
Luke is working overtime all weekend, so me and the kiddo's headed out for 'picture retakes' Josie actually wanted to smile with her brother!
Anyone with kids knows what a pain it is to use a public restroom with a kid that doesn't walk yet. He's too big to carry around in a carseat and I don't want to put him on the floor of the bathroom to crawl around on while I pee...so there is a fine art form to using one hand to pull your pants down and the other to hold the baby and do it all without peeing on anything...very tricky. So today at fred meyer, I was so excited to see the baby chair in the bathroom! I put him in it and took a picture:) he wasn't impressed. I think the other people in the bathroom were probably wondering why I was taking a picture in the stall, but oh well...they should put these seats in every bathroom!!
OK, now to the title of my post! Last weekend my parents came over and celebrated Landon's 1st birthday. We went up to Greenbluff on saturday and Josie got to ride a pony, have her face painted, ate pumpkin donuts...but didn't want a pumpkin because 'she already had one at home'.
Mom, dad and the kids....My dad was hiding an apple behind his back so landon wouldn't try and eat it.
Josie had a butterfly painted on her cheek. It ended up smearing after she had a meltdown because we wouldn't let her go on the 'bouncy thing' at the pumpkin patch! Spoiled little thing!!
Showing off her fake smile and head tilt:)
The Pumpkin Princess!
Landon Layne
Mom and Landon
Dad and Landon
We just had a couple people over for landon's birthday. He liked the wrapping paper and all the attention.
Here he is opening some gifts!
Josie and her Brother
For a kid that will eat just about everything, He wasn't all that impressed with his cake. He finally ate some of it after I mushed it around on his highchair! Happy Birthday Landon!!
Halloween day Josie had a preschool party...Here is her class all dressed up listing to miss barb (the witch).
Josie was very excited to go Trick or treating. Here in Valleyford, we don't get any Trick or Treaters, so we go to a neighborhood near my work. Josie filled her bucket and said it was too heavy to carry! I was feeling like crap because somewhere I contracted a cold, so Trick or Treating was not as enjoyable for me, but I stuck it out. Landon came along too in the stroller, but I didn't dress him up. Being that he hated his outfit anyway, I don't think he cared:)
Friday Landon had his 1 year dr. appointment. He is 21 pounds. The dr. said that he looks way chunkier that that, but he is healthy, so it doesn't matter. Landon has been getting little bumps on his cheeks and the backs of his arms lately. The dr. looked at it and said that it was Keratosis Pilaris!? He said that it is just a skin condition that usually runs in family's. Although I don't know anyone in our family who has this. It will be with him forever and it gets worse in dry climates. (spokane). So the dr. said to just keep it moisturized and it should be fine. He also said we could move to a moister climate like Maui. I think he should have written that in prescription form! So I guess if it gets bad enough, we may move to the islands:) I always try to get a pic of the kids at the dr. this was the best shot I got!
It was different to have the dr. say that landon had a skin condition. I was feeling bad about it all day. It's nothing that will hurt him or disable him in life, so I can't worry about it. When we went to have josie's retake's done today there was a little boy about 18 months old in a wheelchair with some sort of mental and physical disability. It made me realize how trivial a 'skin condition' is and I am so thankful and lucky to have two kids who are pretty 'normal'. It put things in perspective for sure!
1 comment:
I'm glad to see you are getting good use out of some of the hand me downs:) I have more where those came from! Happy Birthday to Landon! Sure do miss you guys.
Post a Comment