The last week has been full of stress and sickness! I will try and make it a short story. Last tuesday I went to the urgent care after work because I had been battling a headache for 7 days. I usually get sinus infections every year and so I figured it was probably sinus related. Well, when I went to the dr. at urgent care he freaked me out and said I had to have a ct scan and then go to the hospital for headache testing because I might have a Brain Aneurysm! What??!! Im pretty sure he just had to cover his butt in case I went home and died from some horrible thing. So then he said that it could be a sinus infection and to take this antibiotic and only take tylenol so that if I do have an aneurysm I won't 'bleed out' so bad! Gee thanks doc:) So I went to get my prescription but got to the pharmacy and didn't have my debit card, cash or any checks. So Luke had to pick up my prescription for me later. So, I tried to have a ct scan the next day but insurance takes 2-4 days for my insurance to preauthorize it! So I gave up and my headache is better after taking my antibiotics for a few days. So the next day i was at work and got a phone call from my babysitter that Landon is wheasing when he coughs and she thinks he needs to go to the dr! Well, my pediatrician was slammed and it was 3 in the afternoon. Im at work, luke is at work and I was trying to get landon to the dr. The pediatrician said ' just take him to the ER because we are too busy to see him here'...Not to sound cold hearted, but Im still paying off the bill from the last ER visit he had last year. So we decided to watch him overnight and take him to the dr's office in the morning. He was fine overnight and the dr. said he had Bronchiolitis. So he can't get the mucus out of his lungs. We have had to have him on a nebulizing machine with albuterol for the past few days. he is doing much better and hopefully we are on the road to recovery! Here is landon with his nebulizer:)
Oh yeah, and Luke quit his job last week:)....not to worry, he has a new one:) A company called Hudson Bay Insulation is based in Seattle. They just opened a branch in Portland and they wanted to open a branch in Spokane. The owner of the company had heard nothing but great things about Luke so he met with him a couple of weeks ago. He offered the job to Luke that day! So Luke will be starting the mechanical Insulation company here in spokane. It is a great opportunity for luke and it seems like a great company all ready. Next weekend we get to go spend the night in seattle and go to the christmas party that they have. we are looking forward to a date night with no kids and a fun time in seattle. The owner of the company told luke to go truck shopping. So Luke found a truck and they sent a check and bought it:) It is so great to be able to all fit in the new truck. his old work truck was a single cab so all 4 of us couldn't fit in it.

We had a great time with tom and carol on thanksgiving weekend. I didn't take too many pictures, but we went to coeur d' alane on friday for their parade and fireworks show. It was freezing cold, but josie had a great time. Landon ended up watching the fireworks from the car with tom and carol because he was too cold. I did snap a pic of Carol with josie and Landon...we were lounging around that day so forgive my pantless child:) Carol took me shopping on saturday and treated me to some new clothes and a new outfit to wear to the x mas party in Seattle. I had to laugh because I NEVER go shopping for myself. When I was at the clothing store trying on clothes, one of the sales ladies commented on an outfit I was trying on. Later, I had put my 'regular' clothes back on and was looking around in the store. That sales lady came up to me and said ' oh, I didn't expect you to be dressed like that'...(I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt) Ha Ha..she said 'you should dress up more often, you look really nice when you dress up'....My mother in law asked me when the last time I went shopping was and I had to think...I went to value village and bought some tee shirts (which were name brand, I might add) but still not that nice:)....So I have had a rude wake up call to the fact that I dress like a scrub? So I have been wearing my new clothes lately and I do feel a bit better about myself:) oh well, It's hard working and being a mom and keeping up with the latest fashion. Thank you carol for the great shopping trip!!

Here was josie and Lila at the parade. Josie was wearing Luke's stocking cap in this pic, not a french barett!

And here is Landon...sick but still smiling:) I wish I could have that attitude when I am sick.

Well, I guess I had more to say than pictures to post. hopefully this next week will be better in the health department. Luke is in seattle today meeting with his new boss and getting everything in order. When luke quit his old job they asked for all their stuff back. ladders, tools, compressor's....oh yeah, and our home office. So luke had to pack up the desk, office chair and special pens they had bought him...so now our office is empty once again. The new company will be furnishing it for us so we are thankful for that! So Long F Rogers.....Here is all the stuff packed into the old truck...

We had a great time with tom and carol on thanksgiving weekend. I didn't take too many pictures, but we went to coeur d' alane on friday for their parade and fireworks show. It was freezing cold, but josie had a great time. Landon ended up watching the fireworks from the car with tom and carol because he was too cold. I did snap a pic of Carol with josie and Landon...we were lounging around that day so forgive my pantless child:) Carol took me shopping on saturday and treated me to some new clothes and a new outfit to wear to the x mas party in Seattle. I had to laugh because I NEVER go shopping for myself. When I was at the clothing store trying on clothes, one of the sales ladies commented on an outfit I was trying on. Later, I had put my 'regular' clothes back on and was looking around in the store. That sales lady came up to me and said ' oh, I didn't expect you to be dressed like that'...(I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt) Ha Ha..she said 'you should dress up more often, you look really nice when you dress up'....My mother in law asked me when the last time I went shopping was and I had to think...I went to value village and bought some tee shirts (which were name brand, I might add) but still not that nice:)....So I have had a rude wake up call to the fact that I dress like a scrub? So I have been wearing my new clothes lately and I do feel a bit better about myself:) oh well, It's hard working and being a mom and keeping up with the latest fashion. Thank you carol for the great shopping trip!!
Here was josie and Lila at the parade. Josie was wearing Luke's stocking cap in this pic, not a french barett!
And here is Landon...sick but still smiling:) I wish I could have that attitude when I am sick.
Well, I guess I had more to say than pictures to post. hopefully this next week will be better in the health department. Luke is in seattle today meeting with his new boss and getting everything in order. When luke quit his old job they asked for all their stuff back. ladders, tools, compressor's....oh yeah, and our home office. So luke had to pack up the desk, office chair and special pens they had bought him...so now our office is empty once again. The new company will be furnishing it for us so we are thankful for that! So Long F Rogers.....Here is all the stuff packed into the old truck...
1 comment:
I'm so relieved to hear that you didn't really have an aneurysm!!! Poor sweet Landon. Hopefully he's feeling better very soon. And congrats to Luke on the new job and sweeeet new truck! Truman is jealous. :) Have fun on your childless date in Seattle..
Post a Comment