Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years

New years is never a huge thing for us. With kids it definitely changes how you celebrate. Although, even before I had kids It was hard for me to make it to midnight. I love sleep:) This year we had our friends Tara and curtis and their boy Logan who is 2 over. Our good friends and neighbors Rudy and carli and Lila who is also 2 came over too. A few days before Luke said he found a really cool bbq smoker type thing for only 50 bucks and wanted to do pork and a brisket for new years. So saturday luke and rudy came home with it. As I opened the front door Rudy had a camera to take a picture of my face when I saw it....I think he missed the shot but I was like 'oh...that's ....nice'. I think:) It is pretty ugly and very Large. We will put it in our back yard but for the initial cooking they used it in our driveway. I think our whole house smelled like a smoked brisket by the end of the day! Here she is in all her glory:)
The kids made it pretty late. I put them in the basement to watch a movie and they all made a bed. We had a bonfire and burned all our christmas trees and called it a night by about 11. I think I was the only one awake by midnight playing words with friends on my phone. Pretty exciting new years. At midnight I woke luke up from the couch and said, let's go to bed...happy new years:)

I have had this last week off from work and not that I really want to go back to work, but I am ready to be back on some sort of schedule. I don't think I was cut out for this stay at home mom thing. I love my kids more than anything, but after a week of trying to entertain them and not really going anywhere, my nerves are shot! I feel like I really need a hobby other than my kids. Some day's I feel like my hobbies are dishes, laundry, making lunch and cleaning up after a constant stream of mess making. I end up getting down on myself and find myself looking at all the 'perfect' pictures and happenings of friends on facebook. Is everyone really that 'perfect and happy all the time?' Well, I think you can tell it's time for me to go back to work because my blogging is getting a little depressing! I'm not really into resolutions but I think Im going to find a hobby for myself:) I love photography and have always wanted to get into it so I just might give that a try? Not too sure what I will do with it, and I don't have a great camera, but It's something to save for:) well, hope everyone had a good new years eve...Happy 2012.




1 comment:

Jen Thorn said...

Hey...I looked through this post, but don't know how I missed this last paragraph until I saw your latest post. I have found after looking at friends pics and then hanging out with them...nothing is perfect as what is seems. I stopped checking Facebook about a month ago and I found it made me a little happier not to compare myself to others. I think it is a great idea to do photography. I am looking to upgrade my camera and sell my Nikon D40 which was a great starter DSLR camera. I think I am going to get a Canon Rebel T3i. That is what my friend Tiffany uses and gets awesome pics without much editing. I also just started jogging like we did in college and I think I found my stress relief. I would die if anyone saw my house right now though because all this focus on myself is neglectful of my cleaning! I seriously wish we lived closer...hanging out could be our hobby. I really hope you find something to keep you busy and happy. You deserve it. Plus the kids are looking adorable.
Miss you,
Jen