When I first bought my new camera back in march, I remember posting that I wanted to someday shoot a wedding. Well, I can't believe it really happened, but it did and I had a great time. I took over 500 pictures and spent countless hours editing. Here are some of my favorite pics that I took. I put all of them (not all 500) on my photo page under weddings....I started out going to the salon with robin while she had her hair done up.
Then I took a bunch of 'detail pictures' including the rings and some decorations.Their wedding was in their backyard. The weather was perfect and the smoke from all the fires actually helped with the lighting by not making the sun too intense.
This is Robins sister getting Emma (robin's daughter) ready.
Robin's Niece
This was the 'first look' moment. I had rob stand behind a tree and then robin came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder so he could see her in her dress for the first time.
Robin and her maid of honor
Robin and her son chase
Grandma
Emma
First Dance
the money dance
Josie cutting a rug with robin and her buddy emma...Im pretty sure josie would have stayed all night dancing.
Robin and her brother.
Rob and his mom
And...my boy playing with apples.
I think I did a pretty good job for being a novice photographer. I am proud of myself for setting a goal and actually reaching it! Hopefully I can do more weddings in the future:)....
On to personal stuff.....The other day josie woke up , in her too short leapord print pj's, and said to me..'mom, I'm going to be nice to my brother all day'. so she got an extra straw for her 'latte' that I made and let him share:)
Josie has been riding the school bus to and from school on mondays and fridays..here she is after she got off the bus on monday...being sassy!
And finally...Luke took Landon to get his haircut on monday while josie was at gymnastics. I think it is the shortest his hair has ever been...it makes him look so old!!
This weekend we are headed up to the lake for one last summer fling...then I think it's time for winterizing the travel trailer and saying goodbye to summer.
















































3 comments:
You are amazing my dear. Proud of you for achieving your goal! Each shoot you do continues to be better. I was bragging you up the other day to a friend and showing off your photos from your wedding shadowing. Hope you are doing well! We need to catch up soon. Missing you!
Aww, thanks Jen. I miss you too. Sure wish we lived closer!
It goes without saying that the 'people' pictures are great, but I absolutely love the one of the bride's bouquet and the cake. such beautiful, vibrant colors!
Post a Comment