This weekend Luke had a guys weekend with some friends, so I took the kids to Ellensburg to visit my parents. Saturday we went to the local farmers market and fall festival. They had all sorts of kids activities and a parade. Josie wanted a unicorn painted on her face.....it only lasted for about 20 minutes, then it dried, got itchy and she made me wipe it off:)
The parade only lasted about 5 minutes and had a bunch of crazy characters. Landon was pretty terrified. Here is a cow eating flowers.
This cow came up to josie and licked her face...she started crying and was not impressed!
Here is landon hiding from the scary parade on grandma's shoulder.
the kids got to draw on the road with chalk.Sunday, I tried to get a few pics of the kids together....this is quite a task, but here are a few of them together and not together.
Josie found 2 bird nests.
Here I bribed her with chocolate to pose with her brother. I told her to act like she liked him..this was as close as she would get.
Ellensburg and the surrounding areas have been hit pretty hard by a lot of fires this summer. One of the fire camps for all the firefighters is at a local park in town. Sunday they were giving tours of the camp so you could see how and where the fire fighters eat/live while they are working. It was pretty hot and the tour was about an hour and a half. It was pretty interesting. The smoke had cleared out on saturday but sunday it was really smokey again. I asked josie if she learned anything on the tour and she said 'no, Im hot and my legs hurt'....here she is checking out the fire info board.
We took the kids shopping for halloween outfits this weekend too. Josie is a witch, I didn't get any pics of her in her outfit...Landon is a firefighter, but all we found was the hat. I will look for the rest of the outfit later. I took this pic with my phone, so it's not the best, but here he is eating a wipe and holding a baby while wearing his new hat at my parents house. He loves it and likes to run around the house with it on.We had a fun weekend and are loving the warm weather that is holding on!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment