Saturday, December 15, 2012

Santa, Surgery and a concert

Today I took the kids to see Santa. I went all by myself with the kids and forgot a stroller.  I had to go without luke because he just had surgery on friday. ( i will address this later)We waited in line for over an hour! When the kids finally got to see Santa they were pretty tired and not in the best of moods. Landon had been waving and saying Hi to Santa the whole time we were in line...Until he had to actually Sit on his lap. Poor Landon lost it and I am not too sure what Josie is doing with her Candy Cane. It seems she was showcasing it like 'the price is right' !? too funny...santa himself even looks a little annoyed in this picture.
 Here we are waiting in line....I was trying to get a photo of both kids looking and smiling at the camera at the same time...no such luck!
 Poor landon has been sick all week. He went to the Dr. on Wednesday and was diagnosed with double ear infections! He was pretty miserable last week, but he seems to be on the mend and feeling better. I am lucky to have such a great babysitter who willingly took my sick kid and loved him while I was at work. It is hard being a working parent on days like that, I just wanted to stay home and cuddle him, but I couldn't. Here is his pathetic little face waiting in line for santa.
Here is Josie in front of our tree at home.

 We didn't go all out for christmas this year. We bought a medium size tree and only put up a few decorations. we are going to be in Portland for christmas this year celebrating with Luke's family. We will make a pit stop in Ellensburg for a couple of days and celebrate with my parents on the way down.
 So, Luke specifically said 'NO BLOGGING ABOUT THIS'. But I will mention that he had to have Hernia surgery on friday. He has had it for a long time, but it finally got to the point where surgery was needed. When I took him to the hospital they gave us a paper on post surgical infections and what to do and not do to avoid them....There was a large portion of the paper that talked about not using a bic razor to shave your site:).... I had to laugh at the last part of the instructions. Luke is doing pretty good. I have been sleeping in the living room with him to help him get up off the couch in the middle of the night. Our bed is too hard to get in and out of, so the couches work well. I was teasing him that I was going to wake him up every few hours and play 'baby crying' noises and tell him he needs to get up and feed the baby:)....just to simulate having a c section.. ha ha..he didn't think that was very funny. Ironically we were up every few hours anyway so he could pee and take more pain meds.
 last week Josie had her christmas concert at school. Luke was in Houston for work, so I took some pics for him to see her. It was Kindergarten through 3rd grade. Each grade took turns singing there own songs. Josie did great!


 Here are a couple of her friends, Brooke and Olivia
 This is Zoey, My boss's daughter. The girls are 2 weeks apart. We were both pregnant at the office together many moons ago!
 They also have matching coats!
After hearing the news of the horrible school shooting in Connecticut yesterday, I can't even imagine what those poor parents who lost their kids are going through. My heart breaks for all of the people in that community. Last week Josie's school (which is a small little school in a farming community where nothing exciting ever happens) Went on lock down because a middle school kid broke out a classroom window, took a shard of glass and started threatening to hurt others or himself with the glass. The school took the proper precautions and everyone was fine. I was at work and got an Alert Email from the school saying what had happened. It is NO comparison to what happened in Connecticut, but it just goes to show you never know what is going to happen when you send your kids to school and it can happen anywhere. I think I have hugged and kissed my kids 1000 times in the last day. I just can't imagine losing them to such a horrible crime.

On a positive note, we are looking forward to Christmas and having some time off!

No comments: