Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mt. Spokane and Ear Piercing

This weekend my mom came over for a visit. I signed Josie up for a ski lesson at Mt. Spokane. We had never been there and after parking at the lodge unloading all our stuff, carrying landon and all our gear....we realized we were at the wrong lodge:).....with 10 minutes to spare, we all loaded back into the car, drove about a quarter mile up the hill and found the right lodge...Josie had a 2 hour private lesson. Mt spokane doesn't have a rope tow, so josie rode the chair lift for the first time. She did great. She mastered the chair lift and by the end of her lesson she was cruising down the hill by herself. She wants to go back up next weekend too! Here she is after her lesson with my mom.
 
 We waited and watched in the lodge. It was pretty windy and snowing at the top of the hill, so we stayed inside....Landon was not into posing for the camera....

 
Here is a video my mom took of josie cruising down the hill
 
This video is josie getting on the chair lift....she is the one with the red helmet to the right of the screen....I was a little nervous watching her little self sit on a big chair lift, but she did great.
 
 Today we went shopping at the mall. We were at Claire's and Josie decided she wanted her ears pierced. So we watched a little girl get her ears pierced first and josie said...'it looks to scary mommy'...so we left and had lunch. After lunch she said...'is this my last chance to have my ears pierced today?'. I said yes. and she said 'ok, I want to get it done'.....So we went back to Claires and she did great. They did both ears at the same time and I thought for sure she would cry....but there were a lot of people watching her and I don't think she wanted to appear scared...so no tears were shed! She suddenly became 10 years older and was acting like she just graduated high school or something:)...here she is watching them prepare the 'guns'
 They gave her a teddy bear to hold:)
 And after....All Smiles


No comments: