Monday, February 4, 2013

My First Car Crash

Friday I took Landon to get his hair cut and then was on my way to Winco for some grocery shopping with the kiddo's...just an average friday. Well, I was driving on a one way road that is 5 lanes wide. I was in the Far Left hand lane and a guy was ahead of me in the lane to my right. All of a sudden he decided to make a Left turn from 2 lanes over right in front of me. I drive a Yukon XL which is a very large car and doesn't stop on a dime. Sooo, I T-boned the guy! Josie and landon were watching Elmo in the backseat and were only upset when Elmo turned off:) Here is a Picture of my car..Nevermind my hideous winter wheels....Not too much damage. I was only doing about 35 when I hit him, so It could have been worse.
 
 
Here is Ken's car...That was his name:) He was in his 70s smoking a cigarette, not paying attention. He was really nice and felt really bad. He called the cops and then asked me 'do you think they are going to give me a ticket?" I said, 'yes'....They did give him one for 175 bucks. When the cop got there ken told him that it was his fault and he didn't mean to turn directly into my path. He was telling the cop this as he was reading the back of his insurance card which read 'DO NOT ADMIT FAULT'.  Ha ha... The cop said well, it's a little to late for that!  So, We are all OK. I am glad I have a Big Car that kept us safe. Now I am waiting for an adjuster to come look at the yukon to see what the damage is.
 
On to some random stuff....
 Josie make a Bed in the kitchen for her and landon to watch a movie on. It is still too cold out to play outside and the snow is very slim so no sledding.....So we make due inside with games and movies.
  Carli and I had a great time at the Rascal Flatts concert last week. The pic is blurry but here we are.
 
Sunday we had some friends over for Superbowl. We had a great time. My friend courtney took a few pics....Here we are lounging around watching football.
 There were 7 kids at our house!! We sent them all downstairs in the basement to run and play and make a mess....The kids had a blast and even helped clean up their mess afterwards.
 Landon got tired of trying to keep up with the rest of the big kids...so he hung with us for a while.
Friday Josie and I are going to Wenatchee for a girls weekend with my friend Jane and her daughter Jayna. We are going skiing at Mission Ridge on Saturday and Josie will take a lesson. Jayna is on a ski team, so hopefully it will inspire Josie to ski too. She seems pretty excited and I am looking forward to a fun getaway. Landon will be hanging out with his daddy working on Jeep stuff:)

No comments: