Monday, March 18, 2013

Silver Mountian

We are now officially season pass holders to silver mountain! Silver Mountain is about 1 hour east of spokane in Kellog, Idaho. Our passes include, skiing free the rest of this season, skiing all next season, free passes to the huge indoor water park there, free rounds of golf and discount tickets to the lodge. You take the 'Worlds longest Gondola' ride to the top of the mountain and let the fun begin!!
 
our friends Rudy and Carli have passes too, so we went up with them on Sunday. Lila is 3 and has been skiing all year long. Josie was very excited to ski with Lila:) Here they are in the gondola on the way up.
And Landon....He is too young to ski yet, were thinking next year:) So we put him in daycare when we get there. He loved it and made all sorts of new friends.
 
Josie with her pass...all ready to go skiing.
 
Josie has picked up skiing faster than I could have imagined. She Loves it and has no fear!! We got on the chairlift and everything was great.....until it stopped...We sat on the chairlift blowing in the breeze for close to 15 minutes! Lila and Carli were in front of us...the girls were not impressed and to be honest....Neither were carli and I. Eventually they got it running and the girls decided they needed a break! Here I am with Josie before the lift stopped.
 
Josie and Lila.. all bundled up. It was pretty windy.

I took a video of Josie skiing...
 
Stopping for snack time:) Luke and rudy took turns with us skiing with the girls. So carli and I were able to take a few runs with no kids. the snow was amazingly good and we had a great time. We are excited to have something to do as a family that we all enjoy. After our skiing adventure, Rudy and carli had left over water park passes and sunday was the last day they could use them. So...after skiing all day...we headed to the water park. I didn't take any pics there but after spending a couple hours in the water park...we were all sooo tired. I think we all went to bed before 8:30pm....It was a fun day.
 
 On to some random things...I finally was able to get my car fixed and this was my loaner car. A dodge Journey. It is much smaller than the yukon and I have actually been enjoying driving a car that isn't huge:) I should get my car back today.
 
Landon likes to take naps in 'sissy's ' bed when she is at school...
Last week the weather was pretty warm so we enjoyed playing outside on the swingset.
 
of course landon found some mud...
Here is landon last weekend lounging with the I pad and his winnie the pooh slippers (his new obsession)

Friday I got together with two of my good friends from Hygiene school. Katie and Jen. Jen lives in Portland now and katie is here in spokane. We went out to dinner at the manito Tap house and caught up on life, kids and friendships... we usually do that once a year.

On a sad note. Last Tuesday we lost our Sampson:( He was 10 years old and had been a part of our family since he was 6 weeks old. Luke was out of town all week so he wasn't here. I went out into the garage to go to work in the morning and sampson couldn't get up and had peed all over himself. his eyes were glazed over and he just didn't seem right. I tried to lift him onto his dogbed and gave him his water so he could reach it. I left for work and hoped he would be better when I got home. mid morning our neighbor rudy came down to check on him and said he was peeing blood and not doing good at all. Luke asked him to take him to the vet for us. The vet said there was nothing they could do for him. So rudy (who is good friends with sampson) held him at the vet while they put him down. I am very thankful that rudy was able to do it so sampson didn't have to suffer all day. I think we all cried most of that day. Josie was upset, but has seemed to brush it aside. She said that she knows he is in heaven with grandma GG (my moms mom) and she cried a little. She hasn't talked about it at all. We will miss him greatly. RIP Sampson Buoy......this was one of my favorite pics of me and him. He was about 8 weeks old and we took him crab fishing out in tillamook bay with luke and his dad. I remember we had to hold him over the side of the boat so he could Pee:)...

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

Super sorry to hear about Sampson:(