Last week Luke was looking online for dogs. I have been dragging my feet about getting a dog and was not that excited about the idea. Well, it was 3 against 1 and so when luke showed me the pictures of this little dog I said...'ok'. He is a faux frenchie. 1/4 boston bull terrier and 3/4 French bulldog.
The breeder was south of Eugene Oregon, which is really far from here. They had a friend offer to meet us in Biggs, OR. which is about 4 and a half hours from here. So Friday we packed up the kids and drove to biggs. When we met the guy with the dog, the driver only had 1 tooth. NO JOKE. he opened his car door and the stench was incredible. When he pulled walter....and yes, my husband named him, out of the car he was covered in poop and shaking. He was way bigger than the pictures we saw on the internet and I almost didn't recognize him. I instantly though...'what did we get ourselves into?' We immediately drove to the nearest campground across the bridge. Peach Beach...which ironically we will be staying there with friends In a few weeks:)...They had a fish cleaning station and so we bought soap and cleaned our new friend at the fish cleaning station!
The poor thing was terrified!! and still didn't smell that great:)
He was a good boy on the way home and took turns laying on all our laps. We didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning. When we got home, luke put him in his kennel and he slept the whole night, got up in the morning and went outside to go to the bathroom. So far he has been laid back and I still haven't heard him bark or whine.
He was still stinky this morning so we gave him a bath in the sink. He was unimpressed.
Today we spent the day playing outside with the kids and letting Walter get used to us.
Landon Loves him and was giving him 'love' in this picture.
Landon got a kitchen towel and covered walter up for a nap together.
Luke took a picture of Josie.
This picture makes me smile because Josie is soooo excited to take care of her new dog and loves to 'exercise with him.
I admit I was not excited to have another dog, but Walter seems to be a good fit. I had a hard time with getting a new dog because I felt like we were replacing Sampson...who could never be replaced. I cried quite a bit just thinking about Sampson and how much we really miss him...even though he drove me crazy at times:) Walter is the start of a new chapter in our lives and I know Sampson would be happy to know that the kids are enjoying the love of a new dog.







4 comments:
He is adorable! He seems pretty tolerant of the kids too:)Crazy that you stopped by Peach Beach! What did you think? I'm excited just to get a chance to hang out!!!
Peach beach was very nice! They have a lot of beach space and places for the kids to ride bikes around. I'm excited to go back and camp there!!
Sometimes the worst and weirdest situations yield great things - like Walter! He is very sweet looking and seems great with your kids so that is a good start. I like his name too :)
One thing that helps me with giving Zeus a bath is making the water VERY warm. He seems to relax more when the water is warm. All bully breeds are known not to bark, which is a big selling point for some people. He will probably only ever make noise when someone approaches your house or door...the other noise he makes will be snoring! lol!
Post a Comment