Monday, February 10, 2014

The start of our february

 February started out with a deep freeze. I took this picture in my car on tuesday morning.
 We didn't go skiing this weekend due to luke not feeling well and the wind chill was 8 below zero so we figured it would be too cold. So, instead I organized my pantry. Here is a before and after.
 We finally have enough snow to go sledding. Walter had fun running around in the snow. It was deeper than he is tall. He didn't stay out too long, but had a good time with the kids. Sledding with the kids involves preparation of bundling them up in all the snow clothes...then after sledding down the hill. It is physically impossible for them to walk up the hill themselves...just ask them:) Josie had to figure it out, but landon had to hold onto the sled while I pulled him...which took almost 20 minutes because he kept slipping off... Here is my little bundle of joy on the way up the hill.





 My friend talked me into taking newborn pics for her niece. Newborn pics are not my favorite and I wouldn't choose to do them but with some peer pressure from my friend I said I would do it. This is baby Emma.







 And on a sad note....Luke's grandpa passed away last week. He was such a great guy. We called him grandpa Great. We are headed to Brookings this weekend to go to the funeral. Here are a couple pictures I have from the last time we hung out with him. Josie and landon loved to ride on his walker and always looked forward to visiting him.


No comments: