Monday, May 12, 2014

Random things...

The past few weeks I have been slacking on my blog. I haven't been documenting our lives as well as I should. We have been going to soccer games every saturday for josie. This weekend will be the last, it is a 2 day tournament, so It will be our whole weekend. I posted a bunch of random pics and will explain as I go. This one is Josie planting some flowers at the finch arboretum in spokane. They had a earth day thing where you can learn about composting and plant trees. Josie was pretty bored, but she did get to plant some flowers.
Luke was out of town for 5 days for a work trip so the kids and I got crafty. We made a picture frame picture holder:)
When Luke is out of town, I let the kids sleep with me....They don't always end up in this position in the morning, but they start out in a nice little area of the bed.
I do get to wake up to this little face:)
After every soccer game the parents make a tunnel and the kids all run through it. I think it is their favorite part of the game.
We did a little more crafting...Landon is really into dinosaurs...everything has to be dinosaur, He even has dinosaur oatmeal and gummy's....probably not the healthiest of foods, but at least he eats it! So, Landon painted a red T-rex.
Josie make homemade headbands.
 We flew a kite one day...
soccer practices have been hit and miss for weather. Last week there was a hail storm that came through...so everyone got drenched and then a rainbow came out.
Landon was supposed to be sleeping one night but I found him in my bed playing with my make up...He said 'you need to put that away mom'....after I found it hidden in my pillow case!
Friday we had maple bars with mom at josie's school. She sat by her friend Josie M....they have been friends since preschool.
Josie made me a card for mothers day. This was the picture on the front of it...
And the inside...
Landon got a haircut.....
Our lawn keeps getting bigger and bigger. we have been mowing more and more of the 'field' to make it look nice and so it takes about an hour or more to mow it. I enjoy doing it because it is an hour where I can zone out and not watch the kids and listen to my music. It's funny how small things like mowing the lawn become 'relaxing' when you get older.
Landon and Lila have really bonded lately. they hang out a lot now that carli watches the kids at our house. Lila was reading him a magazine.
I took this pic of walter laying in the office the other day...he always lays with his back feet straight out behind him:)
Mothers day we went to the south end of lake coeur d'alene to chacolet park. There is a bike trail that goes around the whole lake. we biked a few miles. Josie can now keep up with us with her new bike. I forgot my phone/camera at home, so luke took this picture on the ride.
That is a summary of what we have been up to. Josie only has 4 weeks of school left!! we are winding down with soccer and getting ready for summer! Hope everyone had a good mothers day!

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

There are so many great things going on with this post, I don't know where to start! Zeus lays like that too, we call it the "frog" position. The kids in bed with you is adorable! I love Landon and the makeup incident. Love the picture frame, the headbands and your crafty stuff! Your house and yard are just looking amazing!