Monday, July 28, 2014

Lake roosevelt weekend

This weekend I went up to the lake with the kids. Luke was in Bend and Sunriver for 5 days on a golfing trip for work. I took this picture of the clouds off our back deck before I left. Wednesday there was a huge storm that came through and knocked out power and a ton of trees. It missed our place but others got hit pretty hard.
We gave fishing a try this weekend....The kids were all excited, but their attention spans were short...
Walter really took to being on the boat and out on the water.





The kids were more excited to play with worms than sit and hold the fishing poles.


I brought my nice camera to the beach and was playing around with some random photos...



We found a really nice cars bedspread floating in the lake...it must have blown off of a houseboat in the storm. we scooped it up and dried it out on the beach. We also found a life jacket, and apple tree and some bark. Josie likes to go on 'discovery's'....so these are the things we found.
Landon even took a snooze...
Walter likes to chase the waves constantly. He finally tired out too and laid down in the sand.



Landon loves wearing my mom's hat while fishing.
So does josie...
I let josie reel in a fish that I caught while holding her pole....she was very excited...so was walter.
Unfortunately she was not about to hold the fish...so she just looked at it.
Then it dropped in the boat...we only caught the one, so we sent it back to the lake....
The storm had hit up at the lake and there were trees down ...I took a few pics of some of the trees that went down.


we saw some deer on the way back from the lake on saturday.
Landon and walter playing in the water.




landon found some 'quicksand'....and of course he had to show me his booty:) because that's what landon does:)


Josie and I went on another 'discovery'....we took a couple of selfies:)

I let josie use my camera to take some pictures of the things we discovered....


We had a great weekend. Luke is home now and we are back to the grind this week. Here is another sunset pic I took...they have been so pretty lately.
I continue to run....I did another 10K on friday on the treadmill, because running outside with 2 kids in 90 degree heat just doesn't work! I have been stretching and using my foam roller and my hip has not been too bad....Im hoping it is just a matter of stretching, not anything wrong with my hip that is causing the pain...fingers crossed.
Luke is finishing up our theatre room...I went downstairs to put on some tv for the kids and I found 6 remote controls!!! Im pretty sure we don't need all of them, but it was pretty funny.
 I tried to get a picture of the finished product, but it is pretty dark in there....this is the best shot I got.
Here is Landon with his new Cars Bedspread that we found at the lake.....He loves it:)
Next weekend we are off to the seattle side to play in Luke's company golf tournament....Ive never golfed before...ever....so it should be interesting. I will be playing on a team with my good friend Crystal Buchholz who now works for luke's company in seattle....should be a fun time!!

No comments: