Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sunriver

Every year we do a family vacation with Luke's side of the family in Sunriver, Oregon. This was our 4th year going. The Cousins only get to see each other once a year, Luke's brother and family live in sanfransico, so they love seeing each other! We did a lot of bike riding, swimming, running and outside activities:)

All the kids got headlamps in their gift bags from grandpa and grandma.

The girls got matching dresses:)

Landon had fun playing trackball and riding bikes with bumpa tom.
We went to the water park on saturday...Josie loved the slide.
Landon loves the water too...I think he jumped off of the side of the pool 100 times.

This weekend Sunriver hosted a bunch of races. Sunday Smith did the 1 mile race! He finished in the top 20!
Lisa and I did the 5K. We ran the whole thing without stopping and I think our time was around 34 minutes:) the official results are not out yet:) We were awarded a big medal and a shirt!

After our race the triathalon racers were out on the course. there was a refreshment station right in our back yard, so josie and smith got to help pass out water, splash the runners and give high fives and encouragement!

It was only a 5K, but It felt great to do a race and I had a great time. My hip is questionable,so Im trying to keep it stretched. I am hoping to do more races in the future. As long as my body holds up, Ill keep going!
Landon with Smith after the race. Landon was very proud of Smith and his medal.
Bumpa Tom and Landon riding bikes.

We went to dinner in Bend one night:)
The village at sunriver had bumper cars and a fun train that the kids loved.

Landon was bummed that he was too little to do the bumper cars, so he had to watch from the sidelines.

The kids on the train.



Lisa snapped this photo of all the kids with smith after his race!
Tuesday morning I went for a run, It is so beautiful and peaceful there, I took a few pics while I was out running.



We updated our family photos while we were there too:)







This pic was blurry, but one of my favorites:)


the kids could only contain themselves for so long:)
And Landon had a hard time smiling....so we get this.
My good friends Pat and Lynda moved to Bend a couple of years ago and I had not seen them in forever. On the way home we detoured to their house and was able to chat for a little bit. Pat was working so we didn't get to see him, but we had a great time catching up with lynda and the boys:) Lynda and Pat taught me how to ski many moons ago and I worked with lynda starting when I was 17! I sure miss them!
After we arrived back home we checked out our strawberry patch and found a bunch of ripe strawberries....they were delicious!

After living in our house for 6 years now, we are finally getting ready to pour a patio off our back area. They came and layed out the forms and are planning on pouring this week or next. It will be so nice to have a patio instead of pea gravel.

I am off of work this week so I am busy catching up on unpacking and housework. On to our next adventure on friday when we head up to Priest lake for the weekend!

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

What a truly awesome time to spend with Luke's family every year. The family photos are beautiful!