Monday, November 17, 2014

a week behind...

Im a little behind on blogging...Last weekend my mom called me and said that my dad wasn't feeling right. They had been out hiking and my dad couldn't catch his breath. He apparently had been having symptoms like that randomly when he would exert himself. My mom took him to the hospital in Ellensburg and they said that indeed something was not right so they transferred him to the Yakima cardiac unit. That was Saturday night. Sunday morning I drove over and went with my mom to the hospital. They did a surgery on my dad and found that the main artery to his heart was 95% blocked! they placed a stent and said that he was very lucky he recognized the signs of an almost heart attack. He is home now and feeling fine. I am proud of my dad for not being stubborn and recognizing his symptoms, which were not the 'classic' heart attack symptoms. dad said there was no pain, no numbness and no nausea... He didn't want me to post any pics of him on the internet...but I took this one of him watching the seahawks game on sunday after his surgery:)We love you dad!
 Landon was excited to receive the complimentary sippy cup my dad got at the hospital.
 This is how landon was watching the I pad the other day...
 Lately our weekends are filled with soccer...one of the grandma's always takes photos of the games. This was one of the pics she took...I love how josie is bracing to be hit by the ball:)....she is getting better at soccer and even got a hard hit to the face yesterday. she recovered and got back out there, but she is still a pretty cautious player:)
Josie is now playing on 2 different indoor soccer teams...pretty much the same girls and parents, but just different leagues. I made her a hair doodle to wear for soccer....
When she got home from school she wanted me to make one for every girl on her team....
Indoor soccer is fun. Josie loves it and I love that it is not outside.
We also went to a ski fest type of thing where they have a bunch of ski booths and beer. Luke and I both got 2 free tickets to 49 degrees north (a local ski area) and the kids had a good time looking at all the fun things. Josie said skiing is her favorite sport and landon is claiming that he is going to do it this year too:)

Last week, Josie tried out for the Wizard of Oz at her school. It is an outside company that comes in and in one week organize a whole play with 60 kids! They have auditions on monday and then saturday they have 2 performances. Josie was cast as a ferocious flower. It was an abstract telling of the wizard of oz. The play was an hour long and I think josie's part was a total of 2 minutes long....she was very excited that we were there to watch her and had a great time. It was a long day too...she was there from 9am to after 5 in the evening. I helped with concessions and sold dvd's so I spent most of my day there too.




Landon came with luke to the second showing of the play...He was excited that josie's friend brooke was there so he sat on her lap.
And that is what we have been doing.......

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

I'm so sorry about your dad but soooo glad he recognized something was wrong! Landon and the ipad thing is hilarious. Josie is so cute in her play!