Monday, December 8, 2014

Santa and our christmas tree......

Friday Josie's school was cancelled due to freezing rain. Luke didn't go to work either so we had a fun family day together. Around 1 in the afternoon most of the ice had melted so we took the kids downtown to riverfront park and rode the carousel and saw santa.


Luke was unaware that he was in this photo:)....
Going to see santa on a weekend can be over an hour wait, so it was nice to go during the day on a friday...we hardly had to wait at all.
Josie asked Santa for a Spy Kit. I have NO idea where she got that idea, but it's cheaper than an American girl doll. Landon asked for a orange and black Shark....Not sure how santa is going to pull that one off.


Saturday I took some family photo's for some friends of Carli's. I am still working on editing them so I will post some when I get done editing them. Saturday night Rudy and Carli had a shop party to celebrate Rudy and their son Jaxs birthday....Carli had set up a craft table for the kids...full of glitter, glue and paint!
Josie had a soccer game that night too, so we left the party and went to soccer. We lost 5-13 but I had to laugh at the score board...for some reason they had it in one hundreds......this was not the final score, it was actually 5-113:)
We headed back to the party after soccer for a fun filled night of partying...Josie made me a sweet headband at the craft table and carli and I were decked out in hello kitty stickers that the kids kept putting on us.
Before soccer, one of Josie's teammates was practicing her cheerleading kicks and accidentally kicked josie in the face with her soccer cleats. Poor thing...then they made her play goalie, her least favorite position. She asked if she could play goalie for the first half  so she could just 'get it over with'...even though we lost, she actually did really well for how much she hates playing goalie. This picture was long after she was kicked in the face, but she wanted me to take a picture so she could see it.
A shot inside the shop....Luke helped rudy insulate the inside of the shop and then his friend painted the slayer emblem...Rudy loves the band Slayer and he has a slayer sticker on everything...so this was very appropriate:)
We moved the shop party outside and lit the bonfire.

Josie made herself a matching headband and gave me a glitter/glue plate that she had made.
The kids were having fun spinning in the chair and then trying to walk....it was pretty funny to watch.
Sunday morning we went up in the hills and picked out our Christmas trees. I told luke that I didn't care what our tree looked like this year and he could pick it out.....
Rudy, Carli, Jaxs, and Lila....with their tree....
Josie picked out a small tree for her and Landon.
And......This was the tree Luke picked out!....I was dying laughing....on the inside....because it was so huge! I did question the size and how to place ornaments on the long piney stems...but luke assured me it would be just fine.
Josie and I on our way home from tree hunting...
Luke chopped the very top off so we could put the tree topper on easier.....he used a broomstick to put the topper on.
The kids were very excited and had a great time decorating it.




It didn't look too bad after we got it all decorated...but it wasn't 'perfectly straight'.......sooooo
Luke tried to straighten it out and the whole tree fell over!....This tree will surely be one to remember. We put it back up and luke said....'you were right honey...the tree is a little too big'....I love it when that happens:)....
Landon has been taking swimming lessons on Monday mornings...today he made some real good progress and swam a few strokes all by himself. He loves swimming.
This is the last week of indoor soccer for Josie. We are hoping for more snow in the mountains for some skiing fun. Josie and Lila are doing a christmas ski camp at Schweitzer this year so it better get to snowing or they might be skiing in the dirt!

No comments: