Sunday, December 14, 2014

Well baby visits, a craft fair ,and the end of soccer.

Friday I took the kids to the dr. for their 'well baby' check ups. I had to call and ask if they still do well baby check up's for a 7 year old. Both kids checked out great. Landon was excited to pee in a cup, but he wanted to hold the cup himself and not stand near the toilet....He ended up overflowing the cup all over the bathroom floor, so the dr. had plenty of pee to analyze....oops:) I love how cute the little blood pressure cuffs are.
Here are the kids Stats ( you can double click on the picture to make it bigger). Josie came in at a whopping 46 pounds. She is 7 and a half now, so Im not sure how much she weighed when she turned 7, but Im sure it wasn't too different. Josie was in the 18th percentile for weight and 27 for Height. Landon weighed 34 pounds (34th percentile). His Height was in the 12th percentile....The dr. said both kids are growing fine and are healthy. Landon had to have 3 shots in his leg and he was not impressed. But now he is all caught up with his vaccinations until he is 11.
Friday night Josie had her final indoor soccer practice. The kids played against the parents. I ended up kicking the ball directly into one of the other girls faces and she started crying and had to go sit down! I felt awful...She quickly recovered and came back with a vengeance to my shins later in the game, so I think she was alright:) The Freeman school craft fair was going on after soccer, so we went. They have 12 stations of free crafts for the kids to make and take home. The kids had a great time. Here is landon with an ornament he made.
and josie with her 'hurry up and take the fricken picture mom' face.
Josie and landon spent quite a lot of time at the,decorate a box in duck tape, station.
My friend Char was telling me about her wooden train table that she was going to sell on craigslist for 30 bucks. She said her girls never played with it and so it was like new. I bought it from her and I set it up in the living room (temporarily). It has provided hours of entertainment this weekend. Which has been great. Luke went to the Seahawks game so It was just me and the kids all weekend.
Josie made a robot head out of a box....
Saturday we had a double header soccer game. the games were at 6 and 7:40pm. We didn't get home until after 9 at night. The kids were exhausted.
Landon was a trooper and hung out for 3 plus hours at the soccer center. Lately he has been insisting he wear a pair of baseball cleats that are 2 sizes too big. They were hand me downs from a friend, but he found them and has been wearing it ever since. The problem with them is that they are slippery on a tile floor....so, I took him to the bathroom and he slipped and ended up falling into the toilet with his arms! Not great:)...here he was before the toilet incident.
Today we slept in, played trains and robot boxes and went to a pizza party for the end of the year soccer.
I was bored so I took some Iphone photos of the train set:)

The Pizza Party was at round table pizza. Here is josie and Isabel.
Her coach presented all the girls with a cool soccer ball necklace, hair scrunchies and a soccer coin purse. Josie was commended for being positive and always stepping it up to play any position.....Even Goalie, which she hates, but was recognized for being an awesome goalie. We are so proud of our Josie! She really came a long way in soccer this past year.
One of the mom's took this team photo and then it was presented to all the girls. They named themselves the Rubies, due to the color of their shirts......
We are officially done with soccer until the spring.
Last weekend I took some family photo's for a family. It was probably the most challenging photo shoot I have done for a while. It was indoors...which for me is hard due to lighting and space. There were 6 kids and 4 total family's to photograph....Getting everyone, including the baby, to look and smile at the camera is virtually impossible.....But I did my best....Here are some random ones I took.


 This was the most challenging....the background was not ideal and the weather at this point was pouring rain and windy, so we had no choice but to do the whole family in their living room....
 And...the kids....the sisters on the left didn't want to touch each other....so that was pretty funny. At one point the 1 year old took a face dive onto the carpet and there was quite a lot of crying and non smiling faces, so this was the best one I came up with!
 these two didn't mind touching, so that was nice.....
 These two pulled it together and touched their shoulders...but the sweetie on the right wouldn't smile without making funny faces!....I hope they like their photos....I guess we can't win em all!
This is the last week of school before break and then we are headed to my parents house this weekend to celebrate Christmas a little early with my parents.....we are still doing the snow dance....it's not working:)

No comments: